Purpose of Job
This position reports directly to Sr. Manager of Accounting of New Sabina Industries Inc. (NSII) with significant involvement and oversight in all aspects of accounting, financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, treasury and cost accounting. Functioning as the financial planning and analysis lead, this position will focus on directing companywide activities to improve the budgeting and forecasting process and budget vs actual analysis. Oversee daily operation of A/P and A/R and work with all departments for continued efficiency gains through process improvement. Utilize experience, education and practical knowledge to ensure internal controls are in place and functioning properly that result in compliance with US GAAP, J-SOX, IFRS and applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Assists with managing third party accounting firms to successfully complete internal and external audits of our financial statements and internal control. Supervises, mentors and develops the accounting and finance team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, creating and establishing yearly objectives that align with NSNA Finance plan, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
Top duties or activities in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Analyze complex financial and operational data, provide accurate and timely recommendations to company leadership for decision making. Coordinates New Sabina’s annual and revised budget process. Coordinates the monthly forecasting process including sales, material cost and significant departmental expense adjustments. Work closely with NSNA FP&A team to align NSNA and NSII financial targets. Responsible for working with NSII’s Management to understand all impactful monthly actual vs budget variances and leading NSII’s month Executive Financial review to report the variances. Report and maintenance of program basis cost and profit. Analize the cause of the variance between Standard costs; maintenance of standard cost system Maintain the program basis cost & profit report which includes analyzing variances and maintenance of STD costing system.
- Financial Reporting; Assists in NSII’s month close and reporting process of the financial results, cash forecast and financial analysis. Prepares financial statements to help assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to budgets and forecasts. Oversee cash flow planning process to ensure funds availability. Assist in preparation and communication of the monthly and quarterly closing process, which includes US GAAP and IFRS financial statements.
- Supervises, mentors and develops the accounting and finance team; Assist in developing and tracking departmental and individual goals that align with NS and NSNA goals to continuously improve on departmental efficiency and reporting accuracy. Supervise accounting staff to ensure proper review of all month-end closing activities including reconciliation of general ledger accounts and analysis of all outstanding A/P and A/R balances.
- Develops, maintains and implements standard accounting practices; Work closely with Accounting members and New Sabina Management to review, create and improve New Sabina’s Accounting policies and procedures.
- NSII/NSNA Projects; Support/lead NSII projects assigned Sr. Manager of Finance (NSII). Works closely with all departments and related parties to implement process improvements that continues to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Team Management/Leading Others:
- Provide supervision, guidance, leadership, and training to members within your team.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance.
- Train team members on policies and procedures and create and maintain a set of current forms and approval procedures.
- Establish goals for team and conduct reviews.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
Required and/or preferred level of education, knowledge and skills that are necessary.
- EducationBachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance /related discipline.
- Related ExperienceExperience demostrating effective leadership, directly or in-directly, for multi- disciplinary teams is required.
- 5 + years of related experience.
- Strong functional and technical HR skills; benefits administration experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable with data and can analyze, interpret and make educated/logical recommendations from it.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks, manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Excellent computer skills and MS Office tools.
- Knowledge and experience with HRIS/Payroll systems, ADP preferred.
- Must have experience in handling sensitive, confidential information.
- Knowledge of legal compliance and ability to stay up to date with changes.
- Comfort around Senior Management and possess managerial courage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English, including the desire to ask questions, challenge and lead others; English and Spanish preferred.
- Must have interpersonal skills in facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work effectively with multi-cultural teams at all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative, and work to plan.
- Highly proficient analytical, organizational, and strong project management skills.
- Experience with SharePoint and Success Factors preferred.
- Special Training or CompetencyTechnical Leadership: Includes being the subject matter expert in this field. Ability to motivate the organization, enforce product technical excellence and sponsor innovation among the team.
- Observation, understanding, and execution of applicable company ISO/TS/IATF certification standards related to the role and impact on the overall organization.
- NSI CompetenciesLeading Others: Includes leading by setting clear expectations for performance and responsibility. Serving as a role model of appropriate attitudes and behaviors. Diagnosing the needs and capabilities of employees and taking actions to maximize each person's development.
- Adaptation/Flexibility: Includes keeping an open mind regarding new ideas and ways of doing things. Willing to consider alternative interpretations or ways of looking at the situation. Demonstrating flexibility.
- Initiative/Results Driven: Includes setting high standards of performance for self and others. Striving to accomplish goals even if it means personal sacrifice. Putting the goals of the organization above own goals.
- Judgment/Decision Making: Includes making decisions and takes actions that have beneficial impact. Effectively evaluating information in order to come up with sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Resource Management: Includes setting clear objectives to guide action for self or others to accomplish goals. Organizing or adjusting information, people and materials to meet those goals.
- Team Work: Includes encouraging and supporting the ideas and effort of others. Finding ways to help the team or group perform effectively.
Work HoursMonday-Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm. Off-hours as needed.Travel Requirements10% international and/or domestic.
If domestic travel is necessary, valid drivers’ license is required.
If international travel is necessary, valid passport is required.