The Manager of Occupational Medicine is responsible for developing policy, directing, administering, and evaluating the Occupational and Employee Health programs consistent with organizational goals and objectives.
Responsibility includes managing Occupational and Employee Health programs including return to work, non-work related and Workers' Compensation programs which involve reviewing and processing claims, participating in litigation and settlement negotiations, recommending loss control strategies, ensuring program conformance to applicable laws and regulations, preparing requiredreports, and monitoring and evaluating the program activities to ensure the delivery of quality services cost effectively. Working closely with the Safety Team on all aspects of employee injuries and or illness.
Management responsibilities for Occupational Medicine includes coordination of all care with a focus on achieving quality care delivered in a cost effective manner for employers and their employees. Assisting employers in reduction of injuries, conducting review of or create an effective panel of providers, supporting safety initiatives by initiating referrals as needed and recognizing the importance of linking health and disability by instituting Integrated Disability Management for all employers. Providing a safe and seamless coordination and continuity of care for all employers and their employees.
Actively promotes a Lean work culture by performing team member duties to encourage consistent use of LEAN principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements. Recognizes the necessity of taking ownership of one’s own motivation, morale, performance and professional development. Strives for behavior consistent with being committed to Excela’s missions, vision and values.
Requires candidate to be a graduate of an accredited Nursing Program and licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania. Certification in Occupational Health and Occupational Health Case Management or pursuing.
- Proficiency in the use of Office Equipment such as copier, fax machine, etc.
- Proficiency in the use of Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and various software programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Independent thinking and decision-making ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to work independently and in a team setting; creativity in treatment in various settings including inpatient, skilled nursing and outpatient clinics; ability to transition smoothly between various treatment settings; flexibility in scheduling.
- Sound judgment, problem solving skills, strong oral and written communication skills, ability to follow directions from other team members; works independently assigned duties.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
Preferred requirements include: BSN, Previous Management Experience
5 years:Experience in Occupational/Employee Health
5 years:Experience in administering workers' compensation program, accident prevention or equivalent.
Licenses & Certifications