The Manager - Nursing manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of patient care on a daily basis incorporating multidisciplinary rounds where applicable into practice. Works with staff, physicians and patients to ensure the best possible patient outcomes.
- Meets the organizational goals for satisfaction of patients, physicians and nurses. Ensures that action plans are developed and implemented related to nursing sensitive quality indicators and other performance improvement measures.
- Evaluates quality and appropriateness of healthcare delivery for assigned areas. Ensures that action plans are developed and implemented related to quality of care concerns and appropriate reporting is completed.
- Adheres to the American Nurses Association (ANA) Nursing: Scopes and Standards of Practice.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York State EducationDepartment Office of Professions obtained within 2 Weeks (14 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Certification credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). OR other national certifications in area of speciality recognized by ANCC that are included in the Magnet DDCT
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Level Degree Required in Nursing and
- Master's Level Degree Required within 5 years of being eligible for tuition reimbursement
Job ID: 224992