Manages the resources and daily activities of a nursing department while ensuring environmental factors support high standards of patient care. Assists in the training and development of new and existing staff members. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to learning transfer. Coordinates the activities of the unit for each shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff. Provides patient care as needed. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Schedules nursing staff to specific shifts, taking into account past utilization trends. Measures employee performance. Assists in the training of new staff members and the development of existing staff members.
- Coordinates the activities of the unit during a particular shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff.
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the nursing staff on patient care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or equivalent education and experience. Magnet Hospital: BSN required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience and one (1) year of leadership experience.
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice, Basic Life Support (BLS), other credentials or credential modules may be required.