The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and direction in the operation of nursing educational programs and professional development. Manages, coordinates and promotes programs that address the educational and professional development needs across the continuum. This role will report to the system director and work closely with site leaders. Will directly manage site nursing professional development practitioners. Works closely with local leadership in supporting system education activities and provides consultation related to site based needs. Facilitates team member development through consultation, support of various initiatives and ongoing communication. Actively participates in and aligns work with the strategic planning process for the region and organization. This role can be based anywhere in our system - ideally greater Milwaukee or greater Chicago area with flexibility for travel.
- Responsible for the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of educational and professional development activities for clinical areas as a means of ensuring quality, patient safety, optimal outcomes and cost effectiveness. Programming is aligned and adheres to regulatory requirements.
- Leads and collaborates with cross system teams to support strategies that facilitate system wide cost effective programs, while overseeing budgets, schedules and program logistics.
- Assists in the preparation of the department budget and is responsible for fiscal management.
- Leads special projects and supports organizational strategic goals.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Analyzes regional issues, trends and supporting data to understand needs and articulate gaps in specific knowledge, skills or opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with the site based leader in supporting system and site based education and professional development activities.
- Supports and leads team to become an expert resource in topic specific clinical programming.
- Leverages technology for education and professional development to gain efficiencies and impact engagement.
Monday - Friday 0800-1630
This role can be based anywhere in our system - ideally greater Milwaukee or greater Chicago area with flexibility for travel. Licenses & Certifications
Registered Nurse RN license issued by the state in which the team member practices, and Nursing Professional Development (RN-BC) certification issued by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), or Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification issued by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Degrees
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing BSN, and
Master's Degree in Education, or Master's Degree in Nursing. Required Functional Experience
Typically requires 5 years of experience in nursing education or professional development. Required Management Experience
Includes 1 year of supervisory experience in nursing education or professional development. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledgeable in principles of adult learning theory; capable of creative program planning and design; coordinating and overseeing education and orientation programs Excellent written and oral communication including strong presentation/speaking skillsExcellent interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills. Collaborates with interprofessional teams, leaders, stakeholders and others to influence nursing practice and positive outcomes. Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePointCritical thinking and analytical skills. Resiliency and flexibility to deal with a changing environment. Willing and able to travel throughout the region/system.