Manages the practice of professional nursing and delivery of research patient care. Monitors implementation of research protocols and research patient care programs for the Work Unit. Manages all aspects of personnel management and development. Maintains adherence to regulatory standards. Coordinates unit operations with other departments. Develops and monitors unit budget.
- Manages the practice of professional nursing and delivery of research patient care.
- Ensures practice of professional nursing and manages delivery of care.
- Plans and implements nursing, nutrition, laboratory, administrative and otherresponsibilities and procedures for all research protocols in coordination with clinical investigators, ensuring availability of appropriate equipment and supplies, and scheduling of all research participants.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting delivery of research patient care services.
- Develops and implements practices and procedures related to the conduct of research protocols and research patient care in accordance with regulatory standards and Cleveland Clinic guidelines.
- Monitors the conduct of protocols and data collection efforts to ensure studies are well-controlled and that protocol routines are not violated.
- Ensures that legal, privacy and confidentiality measures are in place. Develops, implements and evaluates annual goals and objectives in conjunction with Department Administrator.
- Markets research mission and resources to potential clinical investigators. Selects, supervises, develops and evaluates qualified staff to ensure the research protocols and patient needs are met.
- Ensures clinical competence and development of staff.
- Ensures compliance with all internal and external professional and regulatory agency standards.
- Analyzes research operations through a planned quality improvement program. Ensures fiscal accountability and efficiency of research operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. Master's Degree in Nursing preferred. High degree of clinical expertise in research nursing.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, communication, counseling, problem solving, decision making, conflict resolution and group process skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of NIH research policies and protocols.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- A minimum of four years of clinical nurseexperience including at least one year of clinical research management experience.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities