The Nuclear Facility Operations Manager oversees and manages members of the workforce within the department who provide the expertise to operate nuclear facilities and complex nuclear programmatic equipment, such as unique nuclear research reactors. The manager coordinates subordinate employee recruitment, selection, training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition and disciplinary actions and ensures that adequate rigor and formality of operations is maintained at the nuclear facilities. The manager ensures that the Safety Basis documents for the facility are up to date and implemented correctly and that customer needs are satisfied by managing and coordinating specific deliverables, overall program and project plans, budgets, structures, schedules, and staffing requirements.
Qualifications We Require
- You have a bachelor's degree in nuclear engineering or related scientific, technical, or engineering discipline plus eight or more years of relevant experience.
- Your background includes 5 or more years of experience in nuclear operations
- You bring experience interacting with regulatory agencies
- You possess experience in physics and reactor theory as it related to nuclear facility safety
- You are able to obtain a DOE Q-Level security clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- Minimum or two years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Active L or Q clearance
- 5 years of experience in management of nuclear operations
- 5 years of experience in nuclear reactor operations
- An advanced degree in nuclear engineering or related scientific, technical, or engineering discipline Knowledge of and experience with DOE nuclear facility safety bases including Documented Safety Analysis, Technical Safety Requirements, and Unreviewed Safety Questions
- Knowledge of and experience with Sandia nuclear facilities, polices, and processes