The WW Commercial Workstation New Product Introduction Manager is the business leader accountable for the Workstations Desktop and Mobile Product Launches working closely with WW Marketing, Product Management, AR/PR teams, and our three key regions (EMEA, APJ, AMS). This team will also work with the horizontal commercial market segments including SMB, Corporate & Enterprise, and Public Sector, as well as the unique Workstations segments such as Product Development, AEC (Architecture, Engineering, & Construction), Media & Entertainment(M&E), Financial Services (FSI), and Education.
The role includes accountability for driving the workstation launch strategy, NPI tools and collateral, Segment tools and collateral, Sales and channel training, Product Claims, Yearly sales training event, and Process improvements between GBU/WW marketing/Region marketing
Strong Product Management, WW Marketing, AR/PR, Segment Marketing and Region interaction and teamwork will be key.
The team led by this manager will continue to be transformed into a team of strong performers, both HP employees and contractors, that need exceptional top talent management and leadership. The team is based in Houston, TX and Fort Collins, CO. This position will be based in Houston. This role will be most successful when working in collaboration with the other business units and regions focusing on customer solutions that include pull-through for HP Z-Displays and accessories products, software, and services.
Metrics for success include all deliverables on time for future launches, strong value propositions, KSP’s and First’s and Bests, coordination and collaboration with Commercial PC Launches, and improving the region engagement.
- Provide thought leadership and advise/influence on all Workstation NPI’s
- Drive launch strategy
- Deliver NPI tools and collateral on time and with the highest quality
- Deliver segment tools and collateral on time and with the highest quality
- Finalize & legally approve product claims related to “Firsts & Bests”
- Develop Field Enablement/Sales and Channel training
- Drive annual sales training event coordination and logistics
- Drive process improvements between GBU/WW marketing/Region marketing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- 15+ years of professional services experience
- Region experience a strong plus to job success
- A strong combination of Go-To-Market, Launch, Marketing, AR/PR, Product Marketing, Marketing, Product Management experience across IT and Telecom industries is a plus
- Demonstrated successful experience in managing a local and remote team
KNOWELDGE & SKILLS
- NPI/Launch Experience
- Marketing Communications/Messaging experience (Firsts/Bests; KSP’s, Value Propositions, etc.)
- Region knowledge and firsthand experience
- Go-to-Market experience in region
- Understands key requirements of Corporate governance
- Understands HP product and solutions strategies
- Leadership ability
- Executive engagements
- Strong team player
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques; strong leadership skills to drive complex matrixed organization.
- Able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alterative futures without all of the data.
- Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivial work; quickly senses what’s the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
- Well organized, resourceful, and strategic; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; can get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and for the future.
Job ID 3026037