- Establish and implement Global and Regional Commodity Strategies including MRO in alignment with business segment needs, cross functional key stakeholders, and financial spend and save targets.
- Build and maintain a sustainable Roadmap to Achieve Targeted Savings.
- Plan and lead cross functional teams, coordinating activities and timing, ensuring project status is clear, projects are completed on time, and targeted savings are achieved.
- Coordinate activities with key stakeholders and Buyers to determine best value product or service, alignment with operational needs, and category strategies.
- Quarterly business reviews with Operations Leaders and Key Stakeholders in all segments.
- Conduct Quarterly SCTO (Supplier Cost Technology Optimization) Supplier Summits at Lear facilities.
- Establish Supplier Strategies focusing on Criticality to the business and Global/Regional Spend.
- Evaluate new vendors Globally/Regionally for alignment with business segment needs and category strategies.
- Ensure compliance to global and regional procedures, policies, and regulations while striving for best practices and continuous improvement.
Requires limited supervision. Manages a broad functional area. May manage a small group of local or remote buyers.
Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or related field.
Requires 6+ years experience.
Position Specific Requirements:
- Purchasing experience with evidence of successful global strategic sourcing activities and supplier relationship management skills.
- Ability to work in a highly productive, constantly changing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to work well at all levels, as a team member, or as a team leader.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail with strong analytical skills.
- Proactive and results oriented.
Southfield, United States