ytokinetics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing muscle directed therapies as potential treatments for people with debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised. As a leader in muscle biology research, we’re developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to increase muscle function and contractility. We take a purpose-driven approach by leveraging our unique muscle biology expertise to engineer compounds with specific characteristics aimed at treating diseases that impact muscle function, like heart failure, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and spinal muscle atrophy.
We view our employees as the unequivocal ingredients to success. Each and every employee is an integral member of the Cytokinetics team, contributing to our shared goal of improving lives. While expectations of our employees are high, there is an equal commitment to ensuring that contributions are recognized and rewarded. We seek exceptional individuals to join us in our mission to develop the next generation of novel small molecule drugs specifically engineered to increase muscle function and contractility.
We are looking for a key member of the commercial team. The individual in this role will help define and build insight generation capabilities, identify and communicate commercial insights, strategic business implications, and actionable recommendations to support development programs, portfolio decisions, launch preparation and soon in market products. Responsibilities include designing and executing US and Global primary and secondary patient, physician and payor market research projects to support commercial business decisions, as well as identify potential market opportunities. Create and execute process to closely monitor and report market and competitor events and implications to ensure that senior leadership has the tools to make informed, objective decisions. Provide analytical and modeling support to inform global and country specific opportunity assessments and forecasts. Support the design and set up of the commercial analytics and reporting environment for Cytokinetics’ first product launch.
Working with senior leadership, a broad array of cross functional stakeholders, and partner organizations to deliver a broad array of commercial insights supporting Cytokinetics entire product portfolio (cardiovascular and neuromuscular products).
- Strategic thinker who understands the critical role of market insights in directing the commercial strategy and tactics to support of both in-line and launch products.
- Proactive ‘doer’ with the demonstrated ability to deliver qualitative and quantitative analytics/market research projects, guide the team to think through key business questions, and generate the insights and recommendations necessary to arrive at the right decisions.
- Comfortable working across functions including marketing, sales, managed markets, and finance
- Delivers primary and secondary market research projects, including the formulation of objective, design, vendor selection/oversight, monitoring of data collection, data analysis, interpretation and communication.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the competitive environment, including market potential, market penetration, and future trends across a diverse set of indications and geographies.
- Familiarity and comfort with performing complex data analyses leveraging secondary data sources like longitudinal patient claims (IQVIA, SHA), Sales (DDD, Xponent, NSP, NPA), Affiliation (HCOS), APLD (Medical Claims), and Specialty Pharmacy data.
- Develops and delivers relevant and compelling presentations of market research insights for key stakeholders, including senior management, functional leaders, and external partners. Ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution.
- Interest in managing and contributing to high visibility projects such a competitive war games with senior executives and partners.
- High motivation, strong work-ethic and positive attitude while working under tight timelines.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time
- BA/BS degree required. MBA, or other advanced degree relevant to position is preferred. 3 years of professional experience.
- Advanced level of experience with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with R and/or Phython is preferred
- Ability to manage and optimize vendor relationships
- Strong analytical, writing and verbal communication skills
- Adept at creating and communicating a clear vision among team members effectively aligning resources to achieve functional area goals
- Ability to present research results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated, results driven self-starter, with proven ability to work in a rapid-paced environment
- Team player, with ability to be flexible as needed to achieve team and company goals