JOB SUMMARY: The New Product Development Manager will work with a shared focus on new product development initiatives and ongoing support for legacy devices. This New Product Development Manager will be expected to apply engineering tools and concepts to drive product development and business growth.
- Lead cross-functional technical projects / sub projects effectively to achieve project deliverables.
- Development and presentation of information to educate and influence management and internal and external customers.
- Generates intellectual property/trade secrets as the principal inventor; organizes and facilitates idea generation sessions; drives IP strategy and good IP practices; defends IP as needed.
- Assesses and challenges the development of functional project plans that have implications across cross-functional teams; develops contingency plans for identified risks.
- Utilizes time management techniques to better balance workload; identifies ways to enhance the way work is done to save time and enhance efficiency.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of different global markets and industries; collaborates with partners and identifies market trends; is a team contributor for market knowledge for a specific project.
- Demonstrates understanding of relevant competitive strategies across a wider range of products/processes; contributes to product /process improvements over the competition.
- Provides input for required tests inputs and outputs; able to implement effective experimental design methodology, leads complex test flows.
- Applies in-depth knowledge to lead specific tasks or activities to improve existing processes and to identify, propose, and implement solutions; provides technical guidance to others.
- Is accountable for concept generation/evaluation activities, including defining unmet needs; interacts with different functions and/or doctors; supports data presentations to evaluate complex concepts for feasibility.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in product design/development or engineering is required.
- Experience in design and development of medical devices or similar highly regulated industry is an asset.
- A demonstrated track record leadership responsibility in the successful development of new products from concept to launch is required.
- Must be able to apply and comprehend a broad range of engineering and scientific assignments as well as have demonstrated the ability to lead a cross functional group.
- Will utilize the support of project core team members assigned to the project team.
- Computer literate in project planning is required.
- Must be self-motivating and innovative and be able to work simultaneously on multiple projects with different priorities.
- Extensive verbal and technical writing skills as well as proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Medical device industry
- Project Management
- Three-Dimensional Parametric Solid Modeling
- FDA QSR and ISO 13485 quality standards
- Financialreports and understanding of their impact on the business
- Cash Income Statements and Balance Sheet
- Quality standards within the company
- Scheduling work to achieve goals
- Customer focused environment
- Business systems and knowledge of impact to business
Job Code: 1954