Manager, Network Services
Boston Properties operates a converged network to manage both the operations of its business and the facility systems of its buildings. A robust network platform supports connectivity across a wide range of growing endpoints and devices. An enterprise and multi-faceted security program protects both business and building systems. The Manager will lead a collaborative team that values technical leadership and contributions in support of a dynamic work plan.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the VP of Infrastructure Services, this role manages and serves as a senior technical resource for a team of IT professionals responsible for the day-to-day operations of networkinfrastructure including but not limited to routing, switching, security and voice services. The network includes over 170 locations and 8,000+ active endpoints enabled by dynamic and redundant active/active routing.
Capacity Planning & Analysis
- Lead the design of an enterprise-wide networkarchitecture.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of capacity to ensure adequate bandwidth, resources and proper technologies to support the business requirements of the Company; audit throughput and bandwidth performance to proactively manage the quality of services.
- Initiate discovery work, assess requirements and evaluate risk in developing business cases for investments.
- Manage outside service providers and vendors to implement new services, upgrades and product selection.
- Manage all network services and technologies; manage network access control standards.
- Oversee networksupport of dependent application and datacenter infrastructure integration technologies.
- Manage telecommunications circuit delivery and maintain quality of service for all broadband services across all locations.
- Actively research and stay current on technologies and trends.
- Coordinate with other departments, business units, regional offices and properties on deliverables and work plans.
- Coordinate the design and provisioning of network services for the construction of new buildings, the deployment of new building services, the upgrade of existing systems and the execution of physical office moves.
- Manage all aspects of facility systems on our network and partner with project managers and business partners in order to design, plan and deliver networkinfrastructure services to our properties.
- Implement and enforce all networkinfrastructuresecurity protocols and policies.
- Coordinate all responses to vulnerability detection and device attach management.
- Partner with the Manager of Building Systems and IT Security on threat response and security posture planning.
- Manage traffic flows for all network-based security appliances and infrastructure components.
- Oversee the physical security of network components across all locations.
- Oversee the monitoring of network traffic patterns for suspicious activity, behavior and potential compromises.
- Partner with other members of the IS team to design and to implement and support new protections and safeguards.
- Perform active account management with primary service providers and vendors.
- Budget and manage expenses for all network related services.
- Staff an organization in support of technical and business needs.
- Coordinate staff development to ensure appropriate technical training in support of corporate standards.
- Coordinate project planning & implementation activities with Application Development, Technical Support Services & regional IS teams.
- Integrate activities with other business units to ensure the successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Conduct both one-on-one instruction and group training sessions.
- Special projects as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsibleexperience managing and securing enterprise-class, geographically distributed networks and supervising a network services team.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired with a technology focused concentration preferred.
- Certified as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) required; CCIE, CCNP or comparable level of experience.
- Deep understanding of networkarchitecture design.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of the full range of Microsoft & Cisco enterprise technology suites; experiencesupporting O365, Azure, SSO and MFA implementations.
- Demonstrated expertise with Cisco ISE or comparable NAC products; strong working knowledge of RADIIUS and VPN platforms.
- Experience with SIEM solutions and with other network monitoring and configurations suites.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of traditional telecommunications (MPLS, PRI, broadband), cellular and SD-WAN technologies.
- Familiarity with change management best practices and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Vendor management and negotiations experience in development of effective partnerships with vendors.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with employees and contractors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Solid project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing multiple projects in a cross-functional environment; ability to demonstrate multi-task management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Be able to travel and to work flexible schedules outside normal business hours when required.