The provisioning organization is responsible for the design, provisioning, turn-up and documentation of lit services sold on the Crown Castle Fiber (CCF) network. Circuits will be designed and configured within the various data and optical networks (including but not limited to: Juniper MX, Cisco ASR, MRV, Ciena 3900 switches, Ciena 6500) using company defined configurations and standards. The Manager Network Provisioning is responsible for the overall supervision and development of the Network Provisioning team, which currently consists of approximately 25 members. The managed team is responsible for order validation, circuit design, layer 2 Provisioning, Layer 3/IP Provisioning and NOC ticket management. The Manager Network Provisioning will play a key role in working with other CCF Departments to develop and implement continual process improvement initiatives. Other management responsibility includes interviewing and hiring decisions, annual reviews, technical support specific to ISP design, routing, and switching, new hire and ongoing training, PTO approvals, and goal setting. The Manager Network Provisioning is responsible for ensuring the team completes all Provisioning work in accordance with current CCF Engineering standards. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all Lit Provisioning Service Order and Work Order Assignments are completed accurately and on time.
- Provide guidance and managerial support to the Network Provisioning Organization.
- Coach and mentor direct reports and individual contributors.
- Work with Director Provisioning to develop reporting and metrics.
- Develop and implement Quality program to ensure consistent adherence to Engineering standards.
- Provide Technical leadership on data and optical technologies.
- Develop process improvements to address gaps in existing processes within the Network Provisioning team.
- Liaise with Network Engineering and Planning peers to understand current and future network deployment and design needs.
- Develop and manage integration plans, to be used during the integration of new entities into the CCF Provisioning process.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrate understanding of provisioning and troubleshooting protocols such as QinQ, MPLS, VPLS, tag swapping and stacking, IP routing including BGP, SONET, and DWDM
- Knowledge and experience in wide area networking solutions that utilize the following; dark fiber, SONET, DWDM and switched Ethernet
- Experience with Juniper MX, MRV, and Cisco routers and switches, Ciena 6500 and SONET MUX technologies
- Ability to create and manage metrics reporting and charting in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with and provisioning to third party carriers
- Proven fault identification and analysis skills, critical thinking, ability to separate and troubleshoot technologies
- Strong work experience with Microsoft Sharepoint and Excel
- Understanding of Collocation and Carrier Hotel MMR, cross connect and demarcation procedures.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting latency and bandwidth management
- More than 5 years of telecommunications experience working for or with service provider networks
- Must have working knowledge of Ciena 6500 technologies, Cisco ASR, and Juniper MX
- Management/business coursework or relevant experience
- Experience working with Netcracker or Microsoft CRM is desired, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communications required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IS/IT, or related field of study, Mastersdegreepreferred
- CCNP/JNCIA certification desired but not required