Job Description & Qualifications
Maintain company-wide cabling and network equipment. Ensure peak performance for data communications systems. Manage installation of communications hardware by engineers. Assist with the development of budget plans, daily operations, and capital spending for branches. Oversee the integration of acquisitions to the wide area network.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Supervises the design, analysis, engineering, and management of projects, recommendations, cost benefit statements, specifications, selection, and acquisition processes for proposed hardware, software, database, and network systems to meet established requirements.
- Oversees the local and wide area networks. Manages network engineers on network troubleshooting and problem diagnoses. Analyzes test data from engineers on hardware/software and makes recommendations.
- Designs installation specifications and monitors progress of installation projects. Oversees and coordinates the daily activities of the network engineering team. Represents the group in resource planning, project assignments, budget/quote development, and hardware acquisition.
- Helps design land and wide area network strategies for present and future designs. Serves as project planner for all data communication projects.
- Provides day-to-day leadership at the functional level in support of new technologies, network performance, change management, problem management, and reliability.
- Implements network security at the corporate level as established by the corporate security director.
- Assesses training needs and selects training tools for team members.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3-5 years of management experience in information systems with significant exposure to network infrastructure operations and support services.
- Strong in-depth understanding of Cisco Network equipment
- Interpersonal skills and experience in presenting
- Problem solving and project management experience
- Negotiation skills
- Team working skills
- Understanding of business
- Financial planning and budgeting experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field preferred
- Cisco Network related certifications are a plus