We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a Manager of Network and Operations Analytics on the Global Business Solutions (GBS) team, you will be the owner of operational analysis and responsible for managing the reporting and analytical support for the entire portfolio of Viasat enterprise solutions. This position will lead, design, and develop analytical models while automating reporting and bringing the data visualization to life by building dashboards for stakeholders to use. The main application of the reporting and analytics will be to measure, inform, and forecast network health and overall operational efficiency across many different business channels, products, and customers. The analyst will also be responsible for building this skillset within GBS, and will likely hire and manage a team of analysts as capability grows.
- Design and build analytical models to solve strategic complex problems. This includes both internal operational metrics as well as industry trends and analysis.
- Strategize and build new analytics and KPIs to assist programs across GBS, including marketing, product, operations, customer service, and sales.
- Create datasets and models which will drive key management decisions, as well as support the communication of direction of the GBS business unit to Viasat executives.
- Perform data analyses encompassing a range of analytic capabilities including but not limited to: aggregations, statistical analysis, moving averages, regression, time-series analysis, control charts, and other mathematical techniques.
- Parse and manipulate raw data and prepare for loading into analytical tools, such as R, Splunk, Python, Tableau, AlteryxCreating dashboards using analyses, financial and statistical, to understand our global satellite internet business
- Develop and automate daily, monthly, quarterly reporting
- Synthesize large amounts of data with the ability to build visualizations to tell a story
- Research data from multiple systems to determine hidden relationships and useful information for management
- Analyze large data sets, while finding the truth in data, and develop efficient processes for data analysisIdentify data gaps, researches methods to fill these gaps and provide recommendations
- Gather and analyze facts and devise solutions to administrative problems
- Support all business units within Global Business Solutions (including operations, marketing, product, sales, finance, and customer service) on projects and initiatives
- 3-4 years data analysis experience with emphasis in reporting
- 2-3 years SQL experience (or similar language)
- 2-3 years’ experience with dashboard design – such as Tableau or SplunkExperience in owning and managing a team, large project, or skillset within a company
- Advanced Excel and database skills required
- Ability to work and communicate with many different types of groups across the company (including but not limited to operations, marketing, product, sales, finance, and customer service)
- Be a self-starter, capable of designing and building from scratch a new team and skillset (with little to no existing templates or processes).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technology, Business, Computer Science or Economics preferred.
- Up 10% Travel may be required.
- Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) preferred
- Oracle EBS experiencedesired
To learn more about this site and other officelocations, pleaseclick here!
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
Back to search jobs
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse enviroment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or veteran status.