The Manager, Neighborhood Financial Center is responsible for the delivery of outstanding member service, achievement of goals, operational efficiencies of the center, and professional development of Member Consultants. This person will develop each member of the center’s team to their fullest potential, set clear direction for the center, create great partnerships within BECU and the community at large, while maintaining a focus on our members. The Manager, Neighborhood Financial Center will set the tone for the center by providing on-site leadership, motivation and direction for the center’s staff, integrate products and services with member needs and actively support the participation of community events in order to market and promote BECU. This person will build a high performing team that prioritizes controls and drives business results.
In this job, you will
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
• Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and training to develop and encourage employee performance. Assist employees in skill building and offer guidance in planning for career goals.
• Meet with staff on a regular basis for the purpose of conducting performance evaluations, using BECU competencies as performance measures.
• Ensure timely and accurate services are provided to the membership by providing managerial leadership, direction and effective monitoring of performance.
• Manage Qflow system, review and analyze reports, adjust and level set service expectations. Manage the schedule accordingly to plan for forecasted volumes.
• Support the Community Sales Leads in the development of brand awareness of the BECU value proposition in order to create opportunities and connect with the community.
• Identify gaps that impact the member experience and member engagement and take appropriate action.
• Assist the Workforce Planning team with the provision of statistical records, production, and management reports as requested.
• Assist the District Director in the management of the annual budget for the NFC and ensure expenses stay within budgeted levels.
• Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the staff, members, business partners and the retailer or property management.
• Support the Regional Support leads in cooperation with other departments to develop and continually enhance training and collaboration.
• Ensure that the staff complies with policies, procedures and regulatory Credit Union requirements as well as ongoing training requirements.
• Partner with Recruiting to hire top talent to meet the staffing needs of the district/center.
• Have a general knowledge of the various functions and procedures for all departments of the Credit Union. Ensure information is accurately discussed with the field of membership and staff.
• Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
• For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Ability to plan, organize and implement projects in a timely manner.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively.
• Strong training, mentoring, and sales skills.
• Excellent conceptual and problem solving skills. Ability to resolve complex problems with minimal guidance.
• Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgement.
• Effective relationship development and marketing skills, with the ability to motivate and train staff in these areas.
• Ability to effectively present information and/or training to individuals and groups.
• Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment.
• Ability to create a sales/service environment and motivate staff.
• Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
• Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
• Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy.
• Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the Neighborhood Financial Center.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work or educational experience.
• Minimum three years of leadership experience in banking or finance.
• Minimum three years of experience in a sales/retail or banking environment.
• Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a MortgageLoanOriginator (MLO).