This position is responsible for developing and executing the Annual Business Plans (ABPs) for the Constellation Brands National Accounts Total Beverage Alcohol portfolio. They will be focused exclusively on the hotel channel within the National Accounts world and will sell the entire Constellation Brands portfolio. Individual will achieve plan through maintaining and gaining distribution and promotions within assigned retail customers. Initiates and develops rapport with high level corporate account personnel from marketing, operations, purchasing and food & beverage departments in order to accomplish set accounts plansales goals.
- Acts as CBI’s primary customer point of contact, builds and maintains strong relationships with assigned On-Premise National Accounts.
- Maintains the sales and expanded distribution of the CBI portfolio to assigned account base aligning with CBI’s overall On-Premise sales strategy.
- Uncovers and acts upon opportunities to grow volume in target account base by prioritizing and focusing in particular accounts that significantly influence total sales growth
- Consistently provides market intelligence to continuously improve CBI’s approach to the On-Premise trade.
- Executes CBI’s On-Premise Vision in assigned accounts.
- Creates detailed and professional sales presentations for account business reviews and sales calls.
- Develops annual Account Plan, including promotion, distribution and budget objectives aligned with CBI’s overall On-Premise sales strategy.
- Identifies and communicates to Business Unit Operations Directors any supply chain issues taking place at National Accounts to ensure maintenance of adequate product inventory/quality levels.
- Supports, manages and proactively identifies opportunities and challenges that new product/package introductions experience in area of responsibility.
- Works and communicates with Market Development Managers/Regional Managers & local on-premise personnel to ensure the activities of wholesalers support the effective implementation of all sales and marketing programs in assigned accounts.
- Providemerchandising/sales solutions including: point of sale material and training/educationto National Accounts.
Program Development & Execution
- Maintains and expands sales of the CBI portfolio by developing, selling, and implementing promotional programs to assigned account base. Coordinates these efforts with CBI field sales and distributor personnel and ensures alignment with the Business Unit and National Sales Priorities.
- Assists Key Account Managers/Field Sales Managers in directing and coordinating National program implementation with regional account offices and independent franchisee groups of their respective National Accounts.
- Measures the effectiveness of ROI against promotional andother volume driving / activation initiatives.
- Builds an annual business/budget plan for each National Account that includes sales, distribution and promotional goals. Aligns with CBI’s overall sales focus calendar & strategy.
- Analyses monthly business results measuring overall performance against our annual business plan’s goals and objectives. Developscorrective action plans when accounts fall below expectations insales performance.
Budgeting & Pricing
- Manages budget allocations, ROI, and otherfinancialresponsibilities. Utilizes budgets to execute against account plans and in order to maximize set sales goals.
- Reviews, evaluates and suggests price feature promotions to ensure CBI’s prominence within accounts in order to drive sales growth in assigned account base.
- Demonstrates ability to manageTravel and Expensebudgets in order to maximize their use.
Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience (in lieu of degree, minimum of four years key account salesexperience with beverage supplier).
- A minimum of four to six years salesexperience in the beverage alcohol industry with two years experience selling to the On-Premise trade in a key account capacity.
- Proven track record in building good relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and be proactive in identifying customer issues, recommending solutions and managing effectively to ensure resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results against set business plans.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (to internal and external stakeholders).
- Successful oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimal amount of direction.
- Proven analytical and math skills, with ability to analyze pricing and return on investments, including Net Margin and Gross Profit experience.
- Proven ability to build fact based sales presentations which identifies selling opportunities that create mutual benefit.
- Computer literacy with a high degree of proficiency in software applications including Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 40% of his/her working time, including up to 5 hours driving time.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.