The primary responsibility of the National Sales Manager is to identify new and repeat convention business. Research and generate convention and hotel bookings in an assigned market and achieves an effective sales goal in room night quotas, telephone calls, site inspections, lead room nights and correspondence. This position makes sales trips, attends conferences, tradeshows, sales missions and networking meetings to promote convention business. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Provide input and execute strategic plan for assigned department consistent with the strategic vision of the division.
- Provide input into and execute the development, implementation and measurement of guest service standards within assigned department consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Develop new and grow existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Identify and develop opportunities to maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel.
- Attend and represent the hotel at trade shows, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority events and industry meetings.
- Participate and be involved in the community and professional organizations.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal and written sales presentations to prospect clients.
- Evaluate and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients.
- Produce monthly sales related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and account analysis.
- Participate in the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of previous hotel sales and marketing experience.
- Ability to have extensive customer contacts.
- Ability to negotiate, sell and influence clients and hotel guests.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding work environment.
- Excellent customer skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both in written and oral form.
- Delphi experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.