Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular Community Bank and see why we are “The Human Side of Banking.”
National Mortgage PCB
The National Mortgage Operations Manager will lead the entire day-to-day operations of the national residential mortgage platform. This role has principal responsibility for all operational and third party vendor components & workflows for the residential consumer loan process -- from application through closing & servicing. This role manages operations and support activities for several services, products, or specialized areas under their responsibility by performing the following duties personally, or through subordinate supervisors. This position reports to the Director of Residential Lending.
In this position, you will:
- Develop and execute upon overall strategy, model, and approach for all operational aspects of the residential mortgage business line.
- Review loan closing packages for completeness and accuracy.
- Manage pipeline and workflow of entire life cycle of loan application, underwriting, closing, & quality control.
- Continually review internal processes & procedures and proactively develop & implement operational efficiencies.
- Manage external & internal audits and address findings.
- Prepare work schedules and assign duties to personnel to ensure efficient operation of department or unit.
- Audit records & reports to ensure staff’s compliance with standard procedures, policies, and practices.
- Compile required & special reports on operating functions of the department and third party vendors. Compile and accurately report all financial data as required by internal controls and external regulations.
- Conduct staff meetings to discuss operational matters and explain changes to practices & procedures. Train, mentor, & evaluate employees to improve efficiency and ensure conformance to standard procedures and practices.
To be considered, you will need:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Business Administration from four-year college or university
- Minimum of 7 to 9 years of related experience in full time residential mortgage operations role.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient knowledge on budget administration, resource allocation, organization’s policies, regulations, objectives, and initiatives according to the job’s responsibilities. Ability to establish, conduct, and track (audit) operational processes properly, and to implement changes.
- High degree of knowledge and proficiency in all material aspects of residential mortgage loan underwriting, origination, and servicing function, together with a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and best in-class industry practices with respect to same.
- Demonstrated abilities and experience managing third party vendors in the performance of their respective obligations and performing necessary audits, assessments, and quality control metrics to ensure adherence with contractual obligations and applicable law.
- Knowledge and experience facilitating the successful sale of residential mortgage loan portfolios in the secondary market and industry practices with respect to same.