Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The National Account Manager is responsible for managing the growth, retention, client satisfaction and strategic relationships of all assigned National Accounts, by successfully implementing and executing fully developed strategic account plans. The typical account size for the National Account Manager is $1 million or less in annual revenue with a total account portfolio of $10 million or more in annual revenue.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Develops strategic growth and retention plans for all assigned existing National Accounts.
• Achieves consistent results through superior performance.
• Assists the National Account Executive in the selling of new accounts, when requested.
• Assists in the implementation of all assigned accounts, owns the relationship with the client.
• Manages contract compliance, customer satisfaction and retention for assigned National Accounts.
• Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures, and offers additional services as appropriate to assigned National Accounts.
• Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior, competitive trends and responds accordingly.
• Acts as the customer’s advocate, and communicates the customer needs across all organizational channels.
• Translates data into conclusions, develops action plans and executes those plans to produce effective positive results.
• Tracks the forecasted growth and penetration of all assigned National Accounts.
• Develops partnerships and collaborates effectively across organizational boundaries to generate results.
• Travels 25% or more of the time.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum 5 years of sales, sales management or account management experience. (required)
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a primary customer contact position. (required)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or another business-related field.
• Master’s Degree highly preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of sales and/or sales management experience.
• Experience with Salesforce.com.
• Waste industry experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).