The National Accounts Manager is responsible for selling and executing the sales and marketing programs for key national chain accounts. Responsibilities include planning, executing and coordinating of the Annual Business Plan for assigned customers while driving accountability at the distributor level. This position is also responsible for the development and profitability of assigned market segments. Incumbents develop rapport with high-level personnel from marketing, operations, and category management to accomplish set sales goals. Has the responsibility for the development and implementation of National Accounts Programs within assigned account(s).
- Sell new and expanded distribution of Constellation Brands portfolio to multi-unit, regional and franchise chain accounts. Including Kroger and subsidiary banners. Large Format Grocery, Mass Merchandiser, and Convenience Store customers.
- Develop, sell, and implement custom created promotional programs to listed off-premise accounts.
- Communicate sales results to Constellation Brands field sales and distributor networks to ensure execution of retail plans and promotions.
- Sell against National priorities and leverage national retail promotions in conjunction with customized regional programs to deliver sales and distribution plans in assigned account base.
- Work with National Accounts Team Leads or Channel Vice Presidents to meet National Accounts sales and distribution annual business plans by developing national and regional off-premise chain account programming where needed.
- Act as the number one business contact and partner between Constellation Brands and the National Account business base to ensure that Constellation is recognized as the category leader.
- Manage budget allocations, ROI, and other financial responsibilities. Execute against account plans and retail budget in order to maximize set sales goals.
- Manage Travel and Expense as well as Constellation Tactical Funds (CTF) budgets in order to maximize ROI.
- Preparation and delivery of detailed and professional sales presentations for account business reviews and sales calls.
- Uncover opportunities and grow volume in target account base.
- Performs additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by management.
- A Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent job experience in the consumer products industry.
- A minimum of 5-8 years sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry with two years experience selling to the Off-Premise trade. A strong understanding of category management is required.
- Proven track record in building good relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
- Proven analytical skills and understanding of syndicated data and its applicability to the applicable alcohol category is required.
- Computer literacy with the ability to learn and use various software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and e-mail programs such as IBM Lotus Notes.
- Demonstrated technical skills required for the preparation of professional and effective sales presentations.
- Ability to use Business Information Tools such as Cognos 7 and 8 (SMART and IQ The BAR), and specialized customer tools. Ability to learn and use other internal systems such as Retail Vision and Ad Track.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25% of his/her working time, including up to 5 hrs driving time.
- Management skills in order to effective develop the skills and capabilities of resources under his/her supervision to meet business objectives (if applicable).
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.