The Manager, Multimedia Learning and Design will be responsible for leading others to use multimedia technology and current authoring tools to design and build e-Learning and video-based solutions that support the learning and development of team members across the company. The Manager, Multimedia Learning and Design will be responsible for developing and delivering contemporary and impactful learning elements in multiple mediums and for a variety of audiences, including but not limited to creating presentations, on-line learning, instructional videos and print collateral. The Manager, Multimedia Learning and Design willalso oversee the design and development of multimedia products by combining still images, graphic design elements, sound, text, video and animations.
Principal Functions and Responsibilities:
• Develop various forms of media such as e-Learning, presentations, print collateral, rich media, animation, simulation, interactive web modules and instructional/informational videos including graphics.
• Scale learning to accommodate national/global audiences and learning styles.
• Act in a savvy manner about digital methods of communication and dissemination of information to enhance learning, inspire and connect with associates in a current and highly relevant way.
• Collaborate with the leaders to identify learning needs and trends to anticipate and develop comprehensive learning and multi-media elements; Conduct a full needs analysis of organizational areas of improvement for stores and home office.
• Partner and build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders across the organization to create solutions based upon agreed methodology.
• Work closely with instructional designers to plan, develop, deploy and manage projects.
• Develop scripts and storyboards to present a vision consistent with instructional theories and company brand strategy and philosophy.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in multimedia production, graphic design, animation, video production, mass communication, instructional technology or a related field is highly preferred; an advanced degree in these areas is a plus
• At least five years’ professional multimedia production experience. Emphasis on video production and editing strongly preferred
• Experience designing for web, screen and print, and have experience in producing interactive media used in training, games and business presentations
• Highly prefer prior work experience with multi-location business organization
• Highly prefer experience in designing sales, service and/or operational related learning
• Expert-level in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Soundbooth, After Effects, Contribute) and standard business office software including PowerPoint
• Strong working knowledge of e-Learning course development software such as Captivate, Articulate and/or Camtasia preferred
• Broad and keen knowledge of a variety of contemporary learning processes and delivery technology (Online, interactive video, webinars-learning, testing, social media, and virtualonline communities)
• Highly focused design sensibility combined with an understanding of current design trends and best practices and how they play into designing critical creative elements
• Strong familiarity with instructional design methodologies and contemporary adult learning theories
• Working knowledge of learning management systems desirable
• Ability to organize and manage time effectively, and to coordinate and deliver several projects simultaneously; can deliver on all stages of a project from start to finish within established timeframes
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Consistently demonstrates a high-level of customer satisfaction for internal and external stakeholder
• Ability to communicate promptly and accurately via computer, telephone or similar device with or without assistive technology
• Ability to perform sedentary work
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.