Manager, Multi-Media Sales
5 - 7 years experience •
Plans and executes advertising programs to ensure positive company and client results by performing the following duties personally, through team members or other Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific information provided below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Initiates, develops and articulates corporate digital advertising strategy in response to sales objectives.
- Ensures that teams follow the Core Four Plus process.
- Increases market share and grows digital revenue for The Fresno Bee.
- Identifies digital advertising objectives and target markets for products or services.
- Trains and mentors staff on our digital suite of products.
- Interacts with advertising customers, including dual calls with team members.
- Coaches and leads sales staff' to ensure the department meets revenue goals.
- Ensures compliance with all elements of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program for the department.
Manages direct sales reports. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Sales Team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; plus five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with digital sales management leadership is preferred. Must have solid sales and presentation skills. Must have strong communication and people skills.
Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and sales data. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.