The Manager, Channel Strategy for Cigna’s Individual & Family Plans (IFP) business is critical to the managing of the strategy and execution of the IFP Medical and Dental business expansion and growth strategies. This role will lead the business’s distribution and go-to-market strategies. The role will partner with peers in product, pricing, local market management, finance, sales & marketing, analytics and risk management, and their teams, to identify opportunities to grow and drive decisions for the business.
This role will be responsible for working closely with our Marketing Managers, Finance and Marketing & Sales partners to establish our short and long-term strategies for our different distributionchannels including but not limited to Direct-to-Consumer, Brokers, Affinity Partners and Exchanges. He/she is responsible for developing strategic distribution plans based on company goals that will promote profitable growth.
He/she will partner with Operations and Marketing to lead initiatives and identify where IFP needs to enable capabilities, including but not limited to call center and online tools that will position the business for delivering profitability and growth.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to develop long term selling strategies for multiple channels including but not limited to Direct-to-Consumer, Brokers, Affinity partners and Exchanges. Establishing and owning a long term three year “roadmap” that defines the set of initiatives to achieve key performance indicators.
- Manage each distributionchannel’s P&L to make sound business decisions in order to drive top and bottom line metrics.
- Develop a strategy to improve customer-level profitability through new customer targeting
- Identify and direct the testing of specific growth opportunities that can differentiate Cigna in the market place, align with enterprise-wide strategies and enable long term growth.
- Develops and maintains strong intelligence capability through customer/broker contact and formal competitive analysis of Individual Medical and Dental space.
- Work closely with Operations and Marketing to ensure customer experience is optimal across Phone and Online (desktop or mobile) to maximize conversions and customer satisfaction.
- Accountabilities for delivering new sales and profitability for the business segment.
- Partner with Finance to develop business forecast and course-correct as needed.
- Participates in the development of marketing strategies. Manages the execution of the market strategy to achieve sales plan.
- Develops quarterly and annual sales plans in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Manage the sales process for Medical and Dental products.
- Define optimal sales force structure.
- Develops and manages strategic partnerships.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Manage the input process with actuarial and finance teams so that pro-formas can be developed around distributioninvestments.
- Oversee and drive the development of an Executive Dashboard in order to provide critical updates on market and channel development and performance.
- Defining key performance indicators and implementing enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success.
Desired capabilities include:
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitativeorientation.
- Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably. Described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Functions as effectively across boundaries as intra-organizationally; Picks up on cross-cultural nuances rapidly and translates this knowledge into successful approaches to work
- An appetite for managing change and a tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to negotiate for and influence outcomes across internal and external organizational lines
- Experience in building high performance teams from the ground up, and in managing and directing such teams to specific and defined outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to project a vision and direction to diverse functional teams, and rally those teams to perform effectively to the vision
- Is able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of the data.
- Master’s Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in business management
- 7-10 years of experience in people management