Manages, oversees, and leads tactical and strategic space and occupancy planning to meet the needs of Children’s portfolio. Manages and provides project support needed for moves and reconfiguration projects. Directs the activities of Occupancy and Space Management (O&SM) personnel to ensure successful project delivery. Manages complex space demands and high-level projects directly when the situation requires more senior-level involvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Management Planning/Coordination, Facilities, Architecture, Interior Design, Project or Construction Management, etc.)
- No professional certifications required
- 5 - 7 years of design and/or project management experience, including space management/occupancy or similar functions, including a minimum of 2 years of experience managing and leading others
- Expertise in MAC, project moves and various office systems furniture brands
- Possess working knowledge of CAFM software, space management systems and relational database functionality. Proficiency in architectural and engineering drawings, concepts and design.
- Experience in the healthcare design and construction industry
Experience in occupancy planning and master planning
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated skills in managing/leading a team and facilitating/leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems crossing functional boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets and other financial skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality. Ability to handle concurrent projects with minimal supervision and direction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer services and interpersonal relationship skills
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with groups or teams
- Demonstrated ability to confront and creatively manage conflict
- Establishes strong relationships and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with key departmental contacts.
- Manages the performance of Project Managers and Project Coordinators, including financial reporting and performance to budgets, schedule adherence, and commitment to quality and safety.
- Outlines project work plan, establishes operational priorities, and assigns responsibilities and scope of authority to ensure project success.
- Acts as the Moves/Adds/Changes (MAC) leader at assigned facilities and coordinates closely on all issues involving facility utilization.
- Responsible for all facility space and personnel move requests to maximize space efficiencies while implementing solutions in-line with Children’s standards and strategic goals.
- Develops occupancy solutions of varying scale and complexity including migration plans and sequencing of group-level relocations to include blocking and stacking plans/diagrams and re-stack scenarios.
- Updates and maintains floor plans and site stacking plans; update and maintain space and occupancy inventories.
- Ensures occupancy planning activities are aligned with Planning, Design and Construction guidelines and consistently propose scenarios that maximize the use of space.
- Develops and implements standards as they relate to Occupancy and Space management, Moves/Add/Changes processes and FF&E.
- Reviews accuracy of employee data and building/furniture drawings and provides updates as needed to ensure data integrity and accuracy of reporting information.
- Leads and/or provides support for cross-functional coordination meetings with the capital projects teams, facilities management, IT and any other key stakeholders to ensure communication and alignment.
- Builds relationships and works collaboratively with internal and external resources to facilitate successful move projects that minimize impact to the end user.
- Perform, review and report on end user post occupancy evaluations to continuously improve MAC processes and services.
- Monitor departmental growth projections for potential impact to established strategies and plans.
- Educate end users on space and occupancy policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing and leading a team including: interviewing, hiring, training, developing, directing work and processes, managing performance, recognizing, and rewarding employees.
- Mentor team members to encourage personal and professional growth.
- Encourage ongoing skill development by providing opportunities for continued education.
Requisition #: 22845