Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of the Mortgage Rapid Lab, Real Estate Secured Lending in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Responsible for defining a product’s release and iteration backlog based on product’s overall vision and input from RESL Project Leads, SMEs, stakeholders, end users and the agile team by understanding and articulating the product’s vision, objectives, value proposition, and the key risks associated with opportunities/ideas; collaboration with project leads/SMEs to assess and manage features and impact to end use the end-user, development of product roadmap and prioritization of delivery based on benefits of identified features.
- Actively collaborate and engage with the agile team to verify output is consistently delivering business value and aligned with the agreed upon commitments. Act as a conduit between the business and the team and lead the development of user stories and supporting documentation with applicable acceptance criteria; Collaborate with RESL Management and Project Leads to prioritize the backlog and ensure highest value features are aligned with and traceable to the product vision.
- The Manager, MRL is empowered by the business to make decisions about the product’s direction by defining features, themes and epics and prioritize based on business value; review output of the agile team to ensure that it meets expectations.
- Contribute to building organizational capability and expertise on agile adoption by leading and coaching the organization to accelerate its adoption of agile by sharing successes, useful artifacts, practices and experiences, communicating effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the development team (Stakeholders, Executives), acting as a champion of the agile methodology and partnering with Agile Coach and otheragile teams to share findings, best practices, and resources to help mature the organization’s agility.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- No direct reports but will be leading/providing direction to an agile development team
Supports RESL Project leads, MOSE, SAM, HFS, RSC, GRM, Creditor Insurance, Compliance, nationally
This role works within an operating budget set at the beginning of the year
- Multiple projects within a year (50+) and uses a number of system applications (20+)
- Regulatory bodies – This role supports OSFI changes, Default Insurance regulations, AML/Compliance regulations
Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics or other relevant field
Masters / MBA considered an asset
- 3 to 5 years of progressive work experience in new mortgage product development
- Prior experience in a project environment and familiar with project life cycle management
- Experience working in an agile environment is considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of software technologies and of the various iterative Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects; adapts precedent and may make significant departures from traditional approaches to develop solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder relationships, work with diverse business interests to create consensus and confidence
- Ability to prioritize based on calculated business value, using a customer-centric view that can be explained and justified by economic calculations
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the effective breakdown of epics into user stories, to attain high levels of velocity within corporate constraints, to plan and execute for each iteration
- Team player who values the perspectives and opinions of others while leading with humility and confidence
- Takes accountability for results and exhibits a “can do attitude”
- Ability to work in a flattened team, using reason and persuasion rather than authority to drive effectiveness
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence
- Has an appetite to continuously evolve and improve, to tackle difficult problems and seek/give constant constructive feedback
- Embraces change and sees it as an essential driver to solve complex issues
- Demonstrates flexibility and is able to move forward without having all of the answers
- Consistently seeks to understand, meet and deliver on customers’ expectations
Requisition ID: 21294