The manager of the Middleware team will be a hands-on leader of a multi-functional team made up of 4 engineers and 2 SQA staff. The position is responsible for the design, development and delivery of corporate middleware architecture that enforces business rules across the different enterprise systems. The Manager will be responsible for all project planning for the team and collaborate with other development groups across BioTelemetry to successfully implement projects.
The Manager must have the technical knowledge to fully understand the design, architecture and implementation of the middleware and of the existing systems to which it connects. And the discipline to define architecture standards and see that they are enforced.
In addition, the candidate must have HIPAA experience and experience formulating and executing a strategy around systems integration and the creation and implementation of scalable solutions supporting multiple locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Provide middleware services between the enterprises systems.
· Responsible for the definition, architecture, implementation and maintenance of the middleware services that connect the BioTelemetry enterprise systems and the physician portal.
· Work with the different domain based development teams in the group and external development teams to provide required data and service needs to enterprise systems and physician portal.
· Manage team members to provide high quality middleware service. Ensures team is structured to effectively deliver value via high quality and high availability application solutions.
· Manage software project planning and allocation of resources, assign and coordinate work of team. Reports on status of development against plans and ensures that team knows and is working toward plan.
· Collaborate with other members of the group to prioritize initiatives and effective resource planning.
· Develop and apply consistent, standardized development processes for the team that are regularly updated through lessons learned from previous projects.
· Be able to evaluate current staff, monitor individual performance and team organization.
· Aid in the development of software development strategy utilizing industry standards.
· Motivate, lead and develop a team of diverse individuals with a variety of experience levels and skill sets.
· Work collaboratively within the group and with cross functional IT teams as part of larger IT organization.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
· BS degree a must, Master’s Degree a plus.
· 10+ years of technical experience with 5+ years in a leadership/management experience.
· Expert knowledge and experience in designing and building enterprise systems and component based architecture utilizing Microsoft .NET (C#), ASP.NET MVC and Microsoft SQL Server.
· Track record of successful delivery as a development and in a leadership role.
· Experience working within an Agile/SCRUM based development environment.
· Demonstrated experience improving development processes.
· Experience developing solutions utilizing Azure and/or AWS.
· Familiarity with enterprise architecture and interface design, and proven success architecting complex software solutions.
· Strong Interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to create application development strategies and execute on those strategies.
· Experience managing multiple projects and resource management.
Physical Job Requirements
· Operates various equipment pieces such as computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer
· The person in this position frequently communicates with employees and outside vendors and customers. Must be able to express oneself and exchange accurate information in these situations