Provide leadership, oversight and direction for all Aqua Metering Operations to ensure that Aqua is in compliance with our meter standards and regulatory requirements for replacement and testing schedules. The Manager, Meter Analytics willroutinely collaborate with State Operations to review business needs, meter technology and innovations, and analytics tosupport operations and financial metrics.
The Manager, Meter Analytics will be responsible to achieve/maintain meter compliance, manage capital budget and meter program, and create analytics to drive business value. The Manager will issue a report to the company’s senior leadership team by February 1 each year. The report will indicate, by state and in total, the company’s meter compliance with state regulations and company best practice. It will also detail the company’s achievement against the meter installation goals of the preceding year.
The Manager, Meter Analytics acts as the liaison between the business and Operations, Information Technology, and Customer Operations and other support teams. Role requires a high level of customer focus and business analytics knowledge to ensure the appropriate business needs are clearly defined, communicated and delivered at or above expectations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide leadership, oversight and direction for Aqua Metering Operations throughout all Aqua service areas.
- Create and maintain meter analytics to drive continuous improvement and enhance business value. Develop and maintain meter analytics dashboard which reports compliance, operational, financial metrics.
- Review, maintain and update the replacement schedule by meter size and class by state. Conduct annual evaluation of meter replacement schedule for optimal meter life and effectiveness for possible revenue enhancements.
- Review and update annual meter and ERTS exchange targets and track monthly status of compliance target.
- Work with state operations and purchasing group to explore meter/ERT innovations and adopt new meter technologies as needed.
- Maintain and continue to evaluate company-wide standards for (large and small) meter exchange processes and monitor for compliance.
- Develop and manage meter replacement, meter related equipment and contractor installations budgets. Track and measure monthly progress against budget by state and company.
- Analyze monthly meter reports to identify and correct meter operations issues. Manage root cause analysis programto correct issues.
- Support operations with meter design and proper sizing for new business and change in water use.
- Assist all departments in responding to PUC requests and internal audit requests for all states.
- Work with Procurement , Information Technology and Meter/ERT Vendor Partners to ensure that we maintain current hardware and software technologies to support our meter program.
- Develop and update our 5-year Meter roadmap with input from Information Technology and Operations.
- Work with Information Technology, Customer Operations and Communications to explore electronic appointments, predictive dialing and other means that may improve the operational efficiencies and the customer experience as it relates to meter scheduling.
- Work with operations on non-revenue water apparent loss management identifying and quantifying impact. (Meter performance, right sizing, etc.).
- Develop tools and techniques for critical revenue and trend data to review large meter flows and check consumption for right sizing and reasonability.
- Work with Operations to develop and implement a formal testing program.
- Work with Operations and IT on a work order system/inventory management enhancements as needed.
- Work with state leads to support a standard within each state for adequate control and monitoring of meter inventory.
Bachelor’s degree required, with general business and strong analytics experience. Knowledge of meters and water industry preferred. Must have five or more years of program management responsibilities with key skills in projectmanagement, analytics and leadership skills. Must communicate professionally, both written and orally. Candidate should demonstrate successful organizational and business planning abilities. Experience supporting customer information, meter, and financial systems preferred.