We currently have an opening for a Study Director Team Leader within our Metabolism group. This role acts as a Senior Study Director and ensures that the studies are carried out to the required standards. Other responsibilities include:
- Acts as coach and mentor to less experienced metabolism based staff.
- Assists in developing a training plan for less experienced laboratory personnel and scientific staff.
- Supports and guides the development of staff (operations, coordination, & scientific). Provides feedback on individual/team performance. Acts as a mentor to other members of staff for complex studies within Metabolism to develop their knowledge in field.
- Proactively and effectively communicates with internal and external clients
- Demonstrates active involvement in HR responsibilities, including recruitment activities, performance evaluations, stack ranking and progressive discipline.
- Participates in interviewing and targeted selection of new Study Directors
- Conducts team member appraisals, ePMD documentation, regular 1-2-1 meetings, and justifies promotions or performance management.
- Contributes to the establishment and implementation of staff development and operational goals.
- Mentors and develops others in the group through continuous and consistent feedback
- Creates and develops new processes and standards that strengthen the group
- Contributes to technical/scientific department policies and SOPs, evaluates existing departmental procedures and systems, and instigates and drives potential process and service line improvements.
- Participates constructively in SD, team, and department meetings.
- Drives relationships and collaborates constructively with other Covance depts such as project/program management. Supplies information to assist in the preparation of the preliminary cost and duration discussions.
- Organizes and hosts client visits.
- PhD or equivalent, or BSc degree in an appropriate scientific discipline, with research experience in drug development or similar field
- Experience of a range of techniques/approaches relevant to the department and/or unique expertise for a specific scientific service
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and supervision
- Experience of requirements for working within a GLP, GCP and GMP (as appropriate) environment
- Skilled data interpretation and report writing experience
- Working knowledge of software (eg, MS Word, Excel), specialty applications (eg, Analyst, Sigmaplot, WinNonLin Phoenix), and general IT skills
- Full understanding of the drug development process, regulatory requirements and the scientific techniques of Metabolism studies required.
- Extensive experience of client management and technical expertise in the relevant business line.
- Fully competent in a Study Director role or equivalent and have developed skills and competencies in the relevant study types.