Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
As a Manager on the Messaging and Voice Operations team, you will lead Project teams that maintain and improve network operations and take the technical lead in operational reviews of network operations.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Define, plan and execute strategy/projects to deliver long-term efficiency/scalability of network operations and service delivery functions for Voice and SMSnetworkinfrastructure.
- Identify and remedy functional and/or process gaps, including (where applicable) the staffing and development of team(s) to meet the short and long-term needs.
- Provide technical leadership and advice to Product, Commercial and management stakeholders.
- Train and mentor team members.
- BE/BS degree in a Technology or Science field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in Operations Management in a telecom networking environment.
- Experience of voice networktechnologies, architecture, interconnection methods, including SIP, SS7, RTP, IP and BGP.
- Experience leading and developing teams from the ground-up.
- Master's degree.
- Understanding of US telecom regulations, relating to the practical implementation of a voice network.
- Understanding in SMS and messaging technologies (SMPP, MNP, GT, etc).
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time.