Our Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) practice is seeking a Manager to join our rapidly growing team. In this dynamic role, you will work with our national M&A practice servicing both corporate and private equity clients, which includes leading operational and technology assessments during the due diligence phase, planning as part of the carve-out or merger integration transactions, and post-close execution management (e.g. IMO).
Managers in our Mergers & Acquisitions practice have these primary responsibilities:
- Lead teams serving clients across industries (with specific capabilities in mergers & acquisitions), while demonstrating executive presence with C-level client counterparts
- Facilitate due diligence site visits focused on identifying operational and technology strategy, organizational structures, and current state business processes and supporting technology
- Assess operational and technology investment strategies and compare respective operating models and organizational structures against leading practices and industry benchmarks
- Lead engagements teams on transaction advisory, guiding the team to prepare focused request lists and agenda, facilitating on-site reviews, and providing leadership over deliverables
- Work with engagement leadership to implement operational processes and technology that support value creation and process efficiency across functions
- Manage project economics including: track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
- Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s M&A methodologies (diligence, planning, carve-out, etc.) and approaches to client delivery
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance review process
- Understand client strategy and investment priorities and turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals.
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Big 4 or similar consulting background
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g. Operations Management, Management Information Systems, Information Technology)
- Consulting “athlete” (i.e. diversity in project experience, comfortable with new subject matter/industries)
- Strong knowledge of business process / operational consulting in Healthcare, Manufacturing & Distribution, and technology/tech-enabled companies
- ERP or supply chain applications implementation experience; functional expertise in IT and supporting front/back office operations preferred
- Knowledge and experienceworking with private equity buyout and/or strategic mergers and acquisitions focused in software/hi-tech, healthcare, and manufacturing & distribution is preferred.
- Deal execution management and leadership including carve-outs and merger integrations.
- Experience managing or analyzing P&L statements, and financial modeling skills to build and manage complex synergy and cash flow models related to M&A transactions
- Direct operational and technology experience in software/hi-tech, healthcare, and/or manufacturing & distribution organizations, as well as IT carve-out and merger integration leadership experience.
- Minimum of 5 years participating on business consulting and IT project based work / teams
- Minimum of 2-3 years of managing complex operational and/or IT projects / people
- Minimum of 2-3 years of consulting experience with a specific industry domain expertise in one or more of the following: manufacturing & distribution, software, or healthcare
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Candidates must be eligible to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel 50%