Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Development and Strategy, this role will be responsible for performing functions to create, plan, initiate, prioritize and maintain key projects for M&A transactions. This will include the coordination of due diligence activities with internal teams, assist with the coordination of closing deliverables, engage in the integration process by coordinating functional teams and ensure that the business plan is properly implemented. This individual will need to be able to communicate clear assignments, common formats for their outputs, disciplined timelines, coordinated meeting schedules, communication mechanisms and review processes to enable successful and seamless transitions into Ascends Corporate structure.
- Responsible for the end-to-end Merger and Acquisition process beginning with initial target identification to post merger integration.
- Liaise with finance, marketing, HR, and IT departments to develop a seamless transition post-close.
- Manage reporting and resolution of issues, risks and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, suggesting mitigations to risks, actions to close issues or complete open items.
- Liaise with acquired entity leadership where necessary, to facilitate effective coordination.
- Driving completion of Day One activities in parallel with progress on long-term integration activity.
- Managing the ongoing cross-functional integration plan, resolving issues and reporting status.
- Tracking integration success metrics post close in partnership with the leadership & M&A teams.
- Provide dashboards to monitor integration status
- Evaluate numerous acquisition opportunities developing preliminary integration strategies, and providing thought leadership to highlight potential integration issues.
- Identify sources of transaction value, ensuring alignment with valuation model, and develop measurable KPIs to track integration achievement
- Assist deal sponsors prepare and present quarterly score cards and integration reviews with M&A Committee to ensure accountability and monitor success Develop and maintain relationship with key business and functional leads within the company
- Drive and execute key activities within each integration phase
- Provide support in post-merger integration activities across business and corporate functions
- Develop a streamlined M&A integration roadmap tailored to various deal structures, within the framework of Ascend’s overall integration methodology
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired plus at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience leading cross-functional projects, preferably M&A integration projects
- Excellent program & project management skills
- 3-5 years of Project Managementexperience leading projects
- 3-5 years of experience leading and supporting M&A efforts
- Experience in AgileProject Management methodologies and tools is a plus
- Proven experience with project management software and tools is a plus
- Proven experience with M&A pipeline software (Midaxo or equivalent) is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management including budgeting and timeline creation
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams
- Proven experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations
Skills and Abilities
- Strong strategic and tactical communication planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to discuss and champion the business case for change to a business audience, and then plan and execute solutions that are of recognizable value to the business
- Focus in the education and certification sector
- Excellent communications and facilitation skills to build relationships and foster trust at all organizational levels.
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- The ability to think in complex and ever changing situations along with the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts to constructive resolutions