A&M’s Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice, with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving upper middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A&M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies. The companies we serve are upper middle market in the $50 million to $1 billion plus range.
Our PEPI services include:
- Merger Integration & Carve-outs
- IT- pre-acquisition diligence
- IT- post-acquisition implementations and integration
- Interim Management
- Rapid Results
- Supply Chain
- CFO Services
Private Equity Focused Professionals
We bring a structured and disciplined approach to create and capture value. We provide private equity buyers with a broad continuum of knowledge and tools for mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, joint ventures and alliances.
The team works across the full spectrum of the deal lifecycle from pre-deal technology, operational and synergy reviews, through 'Day-1' planning, to post-deal implementations. Our services include due diligence (IT and operational), merger integration / carve-out planning and execution, transition service agreement negotiation & governance, ERP implementations, IT operations & cost reduction, and enterprise architecture.
The PEPI IT group is a growing business targeting high growth in the next two to four years. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and build leadership skills. The leadership team is focused on providing development opportunities, training and exposure to international business assignments.
We are seeking individuals that can be part of a team that delivers large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for private equity clients and their portfolio companies. A&M Managers frequently work on the following types of engagements:
- Pre-acquisition IT diligence assignments focused on the following key areas: Business systems (e.g., ERP, WMS, and CRM); IT Infrastructure; Enterprise Architecture; Software Development Lifecycle; Budgetary analysis; and Organizational / Personnel assessment
- Interim IT management
- Merger-integration and carve-out execution
- Day-1 and 100-day planning and execution - driving performance improvement in key areas such as ERP; back office ; supply chain; BI / reporting integration; customer and channel management; track progress against Day-1 and Day-100 objectives, adjusting strategies or personnel as required
- Implement the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- 5-8 years of professional consulting or relevant industry experience, with a minimum of five years specializing in systems implementations, merger integration, business transformation, and change management
- Experience working for or with private equity sponsors, portfolio companies, or related transaction / merger integration experience
- Deep functional expertise in one of more of the following areas:
- Private Equity Advisory
- IT merger integration and carve-out
- Business / IT transformation program / project management (e.g., ERP)
- Collaboration and leading change to improve key business functions, such as supply chain and/or finance/accounting
- IT operations
- Solution architecture
- Enterprise architecture and infrastructure
- IT assessment and strategy development
- IT performance improvement and cost reduction
- Demonstrated track record working with business leaders(Directors and above) as well as private equity deal staff
- Proven writing skills with a desire to produce polished client-facing documents
- Excellent fact-gathering and analytical skills, including business process mapping and quantitative analysis
- Specific experience designing and supervising the execution of internally-focused and externally-focused change/communications strategy.
- Previous strategy and change management experience. Advisory experience from a top-tier strategy firm, leading specialist, niche advisory firm, or Big-4 consultancy
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Flexibility to travel at least 75% of time