About this Job:The Merchant Support Organization (MSO) Manager is responsible for managing teams that perform Purchase Order entry, edits, Markdown processing & Samples for the Buyers. MSO Manager is the primary liaison to GMMs and responsible for understanding their needs while partnering with the MSA and Sample teams to ensure the needs are met. They need to be skilled at communication to develop relationships between with the MSO teams and Buyers to resolve issues, follow-up on requests, and manage turnaround expectations with a sense of urgency.
The MSO Manager functions as the link between the MSA team and MSA leadership to escalate Buyer’s concerns and contribute process improvement ideas. They actively support implementation and adoption of process improvement initiatives. The MSO Manager will stay proficient in PO entry/ Markdown and Sample systems to be an ongoing resource for the Merchant Support and Sample Support teams.
Note: Upon joining the Merchant Support Organization, the MSO Manager will be responsible for the initial set up of the Merchant Support and Sample Support teams. This will include activities such as hiring and coordinating training of new teams, establishing relationships and communication channels with Merchant leadership and Buyers, working cross-functionally with LABO and NYBO to balance workload when needed, and fostering adoption of timely and accurate process execution. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of MSA team(s) that perform PO / PO Edit entry and Markdown processing for the Buyers. Utilizes strong communication to set high performance standards for team and individual performance; holds team to agreed-upon and ad-hocdeadlines and provides feedback and updates as needed.
- Responsible for the management of Sample Support team(s) that process Samples for the Buyers. In addition, act as a liaison for Technical Services and the Merchant Advisory Service. Utilizes strong communication to set high performance standards for team and individual performance; holds team to agreed-upon and ad-hocdeadlines, provides feedback and updates as needed.
- Remotely interface with Merchant Support Organization Sr. Manager and LABO and NYBO counterparts. Participate in weekly business updates and manager meetings. Primary counterpart with BBO Merchant leadership requiring strong communication skills. Understands the nuances between Divisions that require special attention and alternate solutions. Actively supports improvement adoption across the organization.
- Must maintain strong knowledge and proficiency in all sample systems and standard forms and reports. Compiles, analyzes, and monitors metrics on vendor performance and PO Entry, Markdown and sample issues and error rates. Makes recommendations for guidelines and process improvements.
- Responsible for hiring and on-boarding of the Merchant Support and Sample Support teams. Assists Merchant Support Organization Sr. Manager with managing the overall headcount of the group and provides recommendations on where efficiencies can be gained. Maintains a proactive approach to attrition management and understands how to quickly address turnover.
- Responsible for communicating team goals, initiatives, and expectations through regularly scheduled group meetings and one-on-one touch bases.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5years’ work experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead subordinates
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and sense of urgency
- Highly effective verbal and written communication
- Process oriented and prior experience implementing and maintaining strict process guidelines
- Strong analytical and PC skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications
- Thorough knowledge of merchandising systems, or ability to come up to speed on them quickly.
- Experience creating budgets and managing expenses in accordance
- Req. Number: 18003412