The Manager, MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) Services is in charge of directing all Facility MEP Projects through assessments, concepts, design, construction and operation/maintenance. An expert in the MEP field with a focus on physical plants, chill water systems, air handlers, controls, and analytical systems & tools.
Operates effectively with no additional technical training. Must have the skill-set necessary to assess facilities, make recommendations and guide leadership through the decision making process and capital planning for MEP within the portfolio.
- Responsible for the overall management of MEP systems including efficiencies, improvements, operations, projects, and strategic planning for Facilities and Property Maintenance (FPM).
- Provides leadership and direction for a diverse portfolio in both professional engineering and technical staff functions pertaining to MEP Engineering for FPM.
- Serves as an internal consultant on strategic planning with regards to MEP maintenance, climate control, systems and related efficiencies.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and adhering to a multi-million dollar budgets.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing relationship and dialogue with Harris County elected and appointed officials, and their designated representatives.
- Builds relationships between Harris County personnel, stakeholders, contractors and the constituents.
- Represents FPM and Harris County and actively participate in related activities, forums, and functions both during and after normal business hours.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance organizational effectiveness, talent development, and change management to drive significant improvements in performance, productivity, and culture.
- Determines appropriate interventions to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness and alignment of agency goals with organizational requirements.
- Develops and executes the department's multi-year MEP strategic plan and revises the plan as needed in partnership with multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in MEP Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Texas.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of full-time experience in MEP Engineering/Operations within a large size organization (100+ employees).
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience as a Manager
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of Project Managerexperience
- Physical Plant Design Experience.
- HVAC Experience required.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver's License.
Must be able to pass a security check and drug test, as required.
This position is Safety Sensitive and will be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.