Purpose of Job
Manages a team responsible for protecting the financial interests of USAA to support Default Services, Bankruptcy, Repossession, Collections Support, Credit Bureau Dispute, or other collection efforts for all levels of delinquency. Motivates staff toward the attainment of departmental goals and develops employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. Ensures compliance with all prescribed internal policies and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develops employees and provides coaching and feedback to facilitate professional development and career progression.
- Manages employee performance, assesses training requirements, evaluates individual training needs, and promotes the development of effective team relationships.
- Oversees and monitors team's day-to-day operations and represents the department on initiatives and projects.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness.
- Designs and implements operating procedures that provide improved member service and enhanced internal efficiencies.
- May serve as project sponsor or business manager in special projects or initiatives.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of changes in regulations, and the industry that may impact operations.
- May respond to regulatory inquiries and/or internal inquiries as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 6 or more years of collection, financial services, or relevant experience within the industry.
- 2 or more years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience require.
- 4 or more years of current or recent Bankruptcy Operations experience (within the last year).
- Familiarity with bankruptcy compliance and industry regulatory standards.
- 2+ years of bankruptcy experience in a leadership role.
- Bankruptcy vendor management experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.