Diamond Bar, CA
Less than 5 years
Posted 36 days ago
Under the general direction of the Director , the Manager, Medical Office is responsible for the overall planning, development, coordination, implementation and management of all medical office administrative functions and related medical office development activities (except direct patient care) in a medical office setting with less than 20 physicians. The primary focus of the position includes, but is not limited to, day-to-day operations, communication, and interoffice coordination to ensure service quality and financial management of the medical office.
1. Works collaboratively with Chief Administrative Officer, Medical Director, Chiefs of Staff, and Director of Site Operations to ensure an integrated system for delivery of care.
2. Attends monthly meetings and is responsive to other meetings and committees as required. Communicates outcomes appropriately.
3. Functions as a liaison between the site coordinator/manager, physicians, and the executive management team for administrative issues
4. Provides insight/direction to operating departments regarding methods that may result in improved operating performance or efficiency and/or improved interdepartmental collaboration and cooperation.
5. Assists in the mentorship of physicians in collaboration with the Chief of Staff.
6. Provides monthly reports to the Director of Site Operations, Chief of Staff and others as requested of operational efficiencies, financial status, and employee relations.
7. Coordinates maintenance and environmental services for the medical office in concert with the site coordinator/leads.
8. Facilitates final conflict resolution with patients regarding physicians, attorney requests, billings, and healthplans.
9. Maintains compliance with all OSHA regulatory guidelines.
10. Functions as direct council to the site coordinator/leads for administrative issues (patient/staff concerns, complaints, physicians).
Other specific competencies that have been identified by the manager related to changes in departmental operations or that focus on current clinical practices and are listed on the Supplemental Competence Validation Summary.
• Available to respond to all emergencies at the medical office 24/7.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a high school diploma/GED with four (4) years relevant work related experience may be substituted for the education requirements.
Experience: Requires three (3) years prior healthcare managerial experience.
Computer Skills: Strong knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Other: Valid California Driver’s License for travel between SJHH locations.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Possess current knowledge and abilities to effectively apply principle skills.
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills to achieve desired goals and to interact effectively with management and non-management personnel and physician groups.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude with changing conditions.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with confidential information.
• Seeks out available resources to resolve problems.
• Ability to apply appropriate interventions and follow up on identified projects.
• Must possess strong verbal and writing communication skills.
• Possess a professional and mature demeanor.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure by prioritizing work activities and re-negotiating deadlines.
• Excellent employee management skills.
• Ability to function independently as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to travel within St. Joseph Health locations
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: B.S. Degree in Business Administration
Experience: Previous experience in an ambulatory care setting preferred.
Computer Skills: IDX, AEMR and Allscripts experience highly desirable.
Other: Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills.