As a manager/senior manager of medical information, you will assist the director of medical information in the development of communiqués for, and fulfillment of, inquiry responses from healthcare providers on Horizon’s products in accordance with all federal regulations. Additionally, you will function as a full-time, primary source of medical and product information to organizations and individuals internal and external to Horizon. These may include individuals such as healthcare practitioners, internal Horizon departmental personnel including sales representatives, the Marketing Team, or Quality and Regulatory Affairs.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Horizon’s products pertaining to pharmacology and toxicology as well as thorough knowledge of the clinical environment and medical procedures in which Horizon’s products are used
- Manage medical information activities globally as required
- Assist in call center vendor management: answer escalated inquiries, train call center specialists and conduct quality assessments of responses provided.
- Assist in tracking inquiry trends and other significant issues, and provide written reports of inquiry activities to Medical Affairs senior management as requested
- Coordinate the use of these trends to develop and update standard response letters
- Develop custom response letters as necessary in response to inquiries
- Develop and update AMCP dossiers as required
- Assist with sales representative training as needed
- Ensure the responses to inquiries are provided in an accurate, balanced and timely manner in accordance with all SOP and Regulatory guidelines
- Serve as a medical information resource at scientific meetings and staffing the Medical Affairs booth when required
- Perform interpretive literature searches and becomes adept at where to find most likely resources to address questions on Horizon’s products
- Maintains current awareness of published literature, regulations and guidelines and develop weekly newsletters and literature highlights that will be circulated to all Medical Affairs personnel on a monthly basis
- Assist field medical liaisons on medical information related requests
- Assist in managing the student and fellowship program
- Act as information liaison with other Horizon departments and maintain current and accurate reference materials for Medical Affairsstaff. These references include but are not limited to:
- Standard Response Letters (SRL) Database
- Reference or content management system(s) for access to Package Inserts (PI), journal articles etc.
- Clinical References (texts, journals reprints, posters etc.)
- Medical Information literature highlights
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- PharmD or BSN (preferably with a Master’s degree) degree is required with demonstrated expertise at the highest level in the provision of Medical Information. A drug information residency is a plus
- Demonstrated ability, or potential, to excel in smaller entrepreneurial organizations
- At least 3 years of experience in the provision of Medical Information either in the biopharmaceutical industry, academia, or hospital setting with demonstrated management and leadership abilities
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand, integrate and effectively communicate scientific/medical and commercial value of Horizon’s products to the medical community and other key internal and external audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical and regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance in commercial settings
- Ability to travel up to 10%, attend regional and international conferences/workshops to obtain new competitive information, and keep abreast of clinical trends
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills and follow through
- Must have excellent PC skills and be familiar with current clinical software, all literature search databases and tools