Currently, Meijer is looking for a Manager, Media & Social Strategy. This Leader has accountability for two functions – Media & Social Strategy - as well as several agency relationships that support our media and social business, to lead strategy, planning & execution across all aspects of Paid / Owned / Earned media. The leader is tasked with building and scaling emerging media practice, tools that create measurable value and drive revenue in innovative ways. Special focus in creating digital media strategies, development of measurement/accountability models, building scalable applications of advertising technologies, and driving collaboration across multi-functional & multi-organizational teams to achieve goals. Extensive understanding of the digital advertising industry's technological infrastructure and systems, including programmatic media, creative technologies, ad-serving, inventory/campaign management software, rich media vendors, syndicated research providers, and data management & analytics tools. Keyresponsibilitiesinclude:
- Effectively leads the Media, and Social teams in support of the Meijer team competency model
- Serves as an expert and thought leader of digital media landscape including digital circular, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, local listings, social media marketing, connectivity strategies for 1st and 3rd party data, programmatic, mobile marketing, digital video, research, measurement, and online to offline sales attribution.
- Effectively plans and activates paid, owned, and social media initiatives through research, strategy, planning, negotiation, implementation and optimization.
- Leads innovation and evolution of Meijer consumer focused plans - that address specific behaviors, mindsets, and motivations - to identify new media opportunities to ensure Meijer stays relevant with current and future potential shoppers.
- Translates business objectives and goals into actionable cross-channel marketing strategies that drive KPIs and sales as efficiently as possible.
- Measures all media, creates score-cards that informs optimization of traditional and digitalchannels.
- Leads internal education and keep the organization abreast of emerging trends and opportunities along with value added insights to drive the business.
- Leads creative and strategic thinking to every media experience and consumer touchpoint.
- Engages with the Media Agency of Record and Print Agency relationships to deliver media strategies and deliverables within defined processes and timelines.
- Determine media objectives and strategies to achieve goals at the corporate level, for corporate campaigns (e.g. Grand Openings, Holiday, etc.) and in support of specific corporate business units.
- Works with the Director to develop annual budget by media channel and campaign.
- Manage traditional media channels including television, radio, print circular, out of home and digitalchannels including social, search, mobile, display, video, digital circular.
- Deliver integrated content plans that enable engaging customer experience across owned media channels.
- Identify opportunities to improve and define value of owned media
- Responsible for the oversight of the social media planning process, team, and agency partners.
- Integrates social media planning into overall Meijer strategy, marketing mix, process, and business plans.
- Direct social media strategy across all channels as an “owned” asset in close collaboration with media as a “paid” asset and PR as an “earned” asset.
- Interaction with marketing teams and business units on cross-team development of brand strategies.
- Focus on excellent tactical execution through solid processes and integration with Brand Planning, Project Management, Media, and Content teams.
- Align with Creative team as they architect engaging social experiences, as an articulation of the Meijer brand voice through social media.
- Partner closely with Corporate Communication and Customer Care teams on corporate social strategy.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise to marketing partners and business leaders to ensure that social channels are integrated with other parts of the marketing mix to provide a seamless experience to our customers.
- Ensure there is appropriate measurement of activities, mining of data and insights, and establish a common framework to evaluate initiatives, working with Media and Customer Insights teams.
- Evaluates new social media technologies and trends, partnering closely with agency partners and social platforms including Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Pinterest.
- Lead internal education and keep the organization abreast of emerging trends and opportunities along with value added insights to drive the business.
- Oversee community management efforts across all social mediachannels.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of theresponsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned orrequired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and/or Advertising or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in advertising/marketing required
- 5+ years of media experiencerequired
- Media agency experience (digital & traditional) ideal
- Retail experience
- Social media experience require
- Advanced level of media strategy and planning
- Digital and traditional media expertise
- Skills managing multiple large projects and leading groups of people
- Excellent time and project management skills, solid presentation background
- Proven leadership/managerial experience
- Significant experience managing ambiguity