Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019 and was the only PR firm designated an Ad Age A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
We Are Seeking
We are seeking a strong Senior Associate/Manager (Senior Account Executive level) to join our Media Relations team within our Consumer Practice. You love the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media, and constantly immersing yourself in pop culture/trends. As a Senior Associate/Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on various top tier brands in various consumer categories.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop a strong understanding of the client's business and target audience, and work with strategists and creative team members to deliver solutions that meet program objectives
- Monitor media outlets, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Generate story ideas and topic angles, draft media materials, and pitch media to land earned coverage
- Develop strategic messaging for clients and support creation of media plans and proposals that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences
- Leverage influencers (e.g. advocates, bloggers/vloggers and other relatable voices) to impact clients, their brands and marketing goals.
- Provide thoughtful recommendations for content creation and distribution across multiple channels to support paid, owned and earned channels
- Support creative ideation on a consistent basis
- Serve as a role model to team members
- Participation in office-wide initiatives, seminars and meetings to further professional learning and development
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Business Acumen – align talent strategies to drive business goals
- Client Service – client focus and ability to build trust and rapport across all levels
- Proactivity – exhibit relentless pursuit for new and innovative talent strategies
- Collaboration – build strong relationships at all levels across the organization
- Critical Thinking – ask probing questions; anticipate and address critical talent gaps and needs
- Conflict Resolution – possess sound judgment and savvy in navigating and resolving complex talent and organizational issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations
- 3 to 4 years' relevant experience
- Media relations experience