SC Johnson Overview:
SC Johnson is one of the world's leading makers of household brands. We're a 129-year-old family company, and our trusted products can be found in homes around the globe.
We employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $9 billion in sales. Our company is still headquartered in Racine, Wisconsin, where it was founded. We have operations in more than 70 countries and sell products in virtually every country around the world.
At the same time, we've established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what's right for our business today, and also what's right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Our product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Mrs. Meyers Clean Day®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
This position is in the SCJ Media & Integrated Marketing (MIM) division, and will be in support of the Lifestyle Brands to help drive expansion of recent acquisitions Method, Babyganics, Mother Dirt, etc around the world.
SC Johnson has recently acquired many on-trend lifestyle brands to serve as an accelerated growth engine for the company. We are establishing a new team located in Racine & Chicago to partner withthe Lifestyle Brand Platform in San Francisco to take these brands to other parts of the world beyond North American and Western Europe. The Global Digital Manager role is accountable for working withexpansion markets on building launch plans and digital infrastructure, as well as identifying and scaling best practices across markets. SCJ is seeking a highly-skilled digital marketing expert to work with the Lifestyle Hub to develop, execute, and steward integrated digital marketing plans designed to introduce these brands to new markets and jumpstart sales. The candidate should possess strong leadership, project management and communication skills, digital technology and integrated marketing expertise. He/she will collaborate with marketers and our agencies to ensure best practices are followed throughout program creation and implementation, from visual design, user experience, creative development and measurement/ analysis. SCJ's internal digital expert is a change agent responsible for driving digital communications and innovation for a new set of brands in our portfolio. The position willspend significant time in our Chicago and Racine offices, and may be based in either location.
- Establish a digital marketing playbook for launching SCJ lifestyle brands into new markets around the world, with ongoing updates based on iterative learning of best practice
- Partner with Regional MIM Managers on defining roles and best practices on ways of working as we rollout Lifestyle brands into the regions
- Drive user experience design principles across our marketing tactics and work with agencies and other partners to implement these principles in practice from website design, SEO, digital content designed for platform, influencer activation, etc
- Participate in Lifestyle Brand IMC meetings as the SCJ Digital Marketing expert
- Deliver recommendations to Brand teams on proposed digital strategy, channel plans and digital marketing program concepts, execution and analysis based on best practices and programobjectives.
- Provide guidance to local markets on media investment and partnerships that drives the brand Communication Strategy
- Partner with the SCJ ecommerce team to ensure digital programs convert demand in an omnichannel shopping environment
- Evaluate emerging media channels, vendors, tools, technology and tactics for appropriateness and opportunities for SCJ brands to drive business goals.
- Evaluate and manage external resources in execution of projects, including agencies, developers and other third-party partners.
- Effectively communicate and teach complex digital concepts within organization so that the rest of SCJ's core brands can learn from Lifestyle brand marketing practices
- Develop and align organization and external partners on success metrics for digital marketing
- Stay well-informed and versed on trends, rapidly changing technology and best practices in the digital arena, and facilitate knowledge sharing with Marketing teams
- Meet with external vendors to bring knowledge of new offerings in house
- Understand local market challenges and recommend digital tools that can help solve
- Make recommendations to brands/countries on how to leverage data & technology to improve marketing effectiveness
- College degree required; advanced degree (i.e. MBA/marketing/advertising/ communications) or business-related experience preferable.
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing essential
- Digital/media agency or client digital experience
- Global experience working with markets outside of the US
- Entrepreneurial mindset who likes to build new processes and tools and experiment with new marketing partnerships and approaches, highly inquisitive with action-orientation mindset
- Diversified experience in digital channel planning/strategy and building digital infrastructure
- Prior experience providing creative direction for consumer-facing digital initiatives
- Excellent consulting skills and ability to influence effectively
- Demonstrated skills in managing complexity, providing strategic insight and executional excellence
- Highly productive; thrives in fast-paced environment
- Tactical working knowledge of digital marketing disciplines that come together in an omnichannel environment – including, but not limited to: digital content strategy, mobile first mentality, social media, digital video, SEO and paid search, website production, influencers
- Ability to make good, quick decisions based on sound judgment and strong analytical skills
- Strong project management leadership skills
- Ability to develop deep collaborative relationships across multiple work groups