It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
As the Manager of Mechanical Engineering & Global Sourcing, you will drive strategic direction and tactical oversight for all worldwide sourcing partners for the Active Recreation division. You will manage the investigation and selection process of all contract manufacturers, with a heavy emphasis on wood furniture production. You will also be responsible for overall supplier performance, identifying continuous improvement opportunities and providing manufacturing engineering support to our 3rd party suppliers of new product launches/existing product production.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to product design reviews
- Influencing product design through quantitative evaluations that support cost effective and efficient manufacturing and assembly methodologies
- Continually considering, analyzing, and evaluating the impact of advanced manufacturing engineering practices and technologies on company products
- Assisting contract manufacturing partners in implementation of manufacturing best practices, with a heavy emphasis on wood manufacturing.
- Identifying strategic suppliers that meet Brunswick’s quality, delivery and cost goals.
- Serving as liaison between Global Sourcing, Marketing, Engineering and Quality departments and external suppliers.
- Participating in weekly conference calls with global suppliers; ensure project milestones are met
- Initiating and participating on Supplier Quality audits/qualifications
- Assisting in analyzing and managing process improvement plans targeted to improve cost/quality with key suppliers
- Maintaining awareness of key market trends and geopolitical events that impact where the best place in the world is to source at any given time.
- Traveling throughout the Asia Pacific rim area to support Sourcing, Quality and Engineering objectives as needed.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical engineering required
- Experience with high-end furniture and wood based components required
- Previous purchasing/sourcing experiencestronglypreferred
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time with 35% of travel being international required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status. Please express interest in the Manager of Global Sourcing and Mechanical Engineering role by formally applying here.