Manager Mechanical Engineering
A manufacturer of turbomachinery is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager to lead the Mechanical Design Group. The ideal candidate will offer 10 or more years of experience in product development, strong project management, with proven leadership skills, and hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering. Candidates experienced in the design and development of rotating equipment are preferred.
What will you do?
- Manage and lead the mechanical design group, including mentoring/coaching staff in the various fields of mechanical design, including but not limited to, mechanical design, GD&T, structural analysis
- Lead and contribute to several clean-sheet turbomachinery mechanical design projects; example prototype projects include fuel pumps for the next-generation rockets, gas turbine engine development rigs, advanced diffuser technology, innovative turbocharger technology, refrigeration systems and more
- Work with a team of world-class experts in turbomachinery and highly capable support staff in other business units
- Experience the benefits of working in a New England Town, such as exceptional opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, excellence in medical centers and schools, and cultural amenities offered by Dartmouth College
What is required?
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of experience in the field of mechanical engineering, specifically product development
- Direct experience with GD&T use in complex, tight tolerances assemblies
- Expert user of SolidWorks and working knowledge of SolidWorks PDM
- Proven track record of managing and leading mechanical design staff
- Attention to detail and strong focus on maintaining and improving design process, documentation, revision control and DWG release using electronic systems such as SolidWorks PDM
- Preferably certified in ASME's GDTP (Y14.5)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to drive change, manage conflict, and achieve results