Job ID: BEC015749
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples' lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
The Manager Materials Planning & Procurement will provide overall leadership and management for the Hialeah Consumables materials and supply chain operations with responsibility for Production Planning, Tactical Procurement, and overall material flow.
Responsibilities to include:
- Establish and approve organization objectives and assignments
- Forecast and execute decisions related to staffing requirements across Materials organization
- Develop resource strategies, allocate budget, staff, tools, and specialized support necessary for cost-effective business solutions
- Lead team's involvement in the planning processes; participates in division, corporate strategic and tactical planning processes
- Communicate project status to executive management, users and staff that can have company-wide impact
- Champion for CPI and DBS
- Cost improvements including Excess and Obsolete materials, Cycle Counting, and aged inventory scrap
- Process improvement and breakthroughs within Materials organization in accordance with company strategies
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with leading experts, and other manufacturing sites
- Drive targeted, sustainable improvement in OTD, Margin Expansion, and Working Capital turns and related KPI's/objectives by leveraging DBS tools, facilitation skills, and the change management process.
- Ensure successful kaizen events by rigorous execution of process (planning of kaizen events, execution of week, follow through and sustainment)
- Benchmark and incorporate best practices from other Danaher locations and build business cases to prioritize investments that help us move closer to industry best practices that are applicable to ouroperations & supply chain.
- Ensure all FDA, ISO and related regulatory requirements are consistently met
- Bachelor's degree with 9+ years' experience or Master's degree with 7+ years' experience; previous experience to include leading Procurement and Materials Planning organizations
- Prior experience working in an FDA/ISO regulated environment preferred
- Proven leadership experience is development of high performing teams
- Financial/cost accounting experience managing multiple cost centers and budgets
- Team player with strong customer orientation and ability to work in multinational and multicultural environments
- Proven leadership, negotiation, and public presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Practitioner experience applying lean principles in a variety of situations in functions/areas supporting Procurement, Planning, and Manufacturing.
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a senior leader's point of view.
- Self-driven, capable of operating in a fast-moving, ever changing environment and able to effectively deal with difficult and/or ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated customer focus and strong interpersonal and communications skills. Viewed by others as a change agent.
- Strong facilitation and teaching skills. Can collaborate with and effectively influence and coach all levels of the organization.