The Materials and Sourcing Manager directs all materials planning and purchasing activities for the Snap-on Specialty Tools Plant in City of Industry, CA. The role is directly accountable for achieving a competitive advantage in terms of safety, cost, quality, delivery, shipments, and personnel. The successful candidate will be prepared to implement continuous improvement within this area of responsibility and recommend changes to improve the overall efficiency of the operation. Key management interfaces will include, Safety, Human Resources, Operations, Engineering and RCI.
- Execute all production planning activities. Work closely with corporate sourcing team to ensure timely delivery of product.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee daily purchasing and inventory processes and manage through direct reports and peer group.
- Establish planning, purchasing and inventory strategies by evaluating data and trends. Establish critical measurements, acquire resources, resolve problems, and implement change.
- Work collaboratively with plant leadership to define and meet planning, purchasing and inventory needs.
- Review results on a continuous basis and develop action plans to improve processes.
- Develop plans for efficient use of resources, to include materials, equipment and personnel.
- Work with corporate sourcing team to ensure regulatory compliance in sourcing activities for the site. Support surveys and data collection activities as required.
- Ensure that organizational activities are in compliance with company policies, including local, state, and federal regulations and laws
- Manage and develop direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, the applicable candidate must be a team player and able to make decisions under pressure with a cross functional team of individuals. The additional requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business or related discipline and 10+ years’ planning and sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment with a track record of increasing responsibility. Strong hands-on technical aptitude.
- Communication: Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Ability to write procedures, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers, associates and various organizational levels. Strong motivational skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists to recommend and implement solutions. Develop standards as needed, manage processes, analyze information, solve problems and make appropriate decisions. High levelS of skill in information analysis and process improvement are essential in this role.