Here at InSinkErator, a division of Emerson, we value your opinion. Our leadership team likes to recognize contributions and offer compliments. Turns out, people feel valued because of it. Now, combine that work environment with good pay, a bunch of great benefits, some perks like a strong focus on personal and professional development, creating a healthier world and giving back to the community, and before you know it, you're enjoying a rewarding experience. It's not rocket science, its InSinkErator. Here are the top benefits of working for InSinkErator:
- You get more than just a paycheck:
- Tuition Reimbursement- decide to go back to school and we can help pay back your tuition costs
- Mentorship Program- be paired with someone who wants to see you grow
- SOAR- take your career to new heights with this employee resource group
- Profit Sharing- you'll share in the profits since you are part of this company.
- Activities to engage employee interaction (BBQs in the summer, Donut Days, company picnic, community outreach, wellness contests), which helps create and maintain a fun and interactive corporate culture. You should enjoy your time at work.
- InSinkErator believes and supports a fun and inviting atmosphere as part of our culture. Team members recognize each other's accomplishments, are happy at work, and there's even time for play. I know, crazy concept, huh? But it works!
- Support and an open-door policy. We support you and work with you through all the challenging times. We believe in a work/life balance. We want good, healthy team members who can, in turn, advocate for others and make this place a whole lot better.
In Sink Erator is looking for a highly motivated and results driver person to join our team at our Racine, WI location. The Manager, Material Planning is responsible for overseeing material planning and master scheduling functions that are responsible for the creation and execution of the master production schedule and subsequent material requirements plan. This includes, but is not limited to, the execution of tactical plans to establish the overall level of manufacturing output, raw material levels, and other activities to best satisfy the company's current planned level of sales.
A typical day in the life of a Manager Material Planning:
- Directly responsible for all material management functions relating to the planning, scheduling, inventory, raw materials, and finished goods to meet the company objectives and customer requirements.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels to comply with corporate objectives.
- Cross functionality; extensive collaboration with various departments (sales, production, logistics, distribution, accounting, quality, and engineering) to maximize customer order fulfillment and manage customer expectations (internal and external) and communicate changes accordingly.
- Embrace and deploy continuous process improvement philosophy with team through new ideas, processes, and technology.
- Work closely with Engineering, Marketing, and Sourcing regarding new product launches, engineering change orders/notifications (ECO/ECN) and/or product discontinuations to properly manage supply levels to meet customer demand while minimizing excess inventory exposure for discontinued parts.
- Review and analyze supply planning/master scheduling data and establish appropriate parameters to insure continuity of supply while meeting inventory and continuous improvement objectives.
- Develop and optimize item planning parameters within our ERP.
- Conduct periodic analysis of master scheduling/material planning performance vs. plan and implement corrective actions as necessary to improve performance.
- Monitor Item Master for integrity as it relates to planning system data/parameters.
An office environment, however, manufacturing plant interface will be necessary.
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in Business, Operations Mgt., Supply Chain, or related field, minimum 7 years progressive experience in a combination of purchasing, planning, logistics, production control and/or inventory control.
- 3–5 years of MRP work experience within formal ERP environment (i.e. Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards).
- APICS CPIM and/or CSCP certification preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain Planning concepts and application.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels of the organization