Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Manager, Material Operations is responsible for leading a team, working on projects focused on improving operational activities relating to the forecast and allocation of all material that directly supports the aircraft and the stations and documents and trains procedures, ensures compliance, implements efficiencies, initiates global cost reduction programs and supervises required inventory control activities. The Manager, Material Operations assists with various duties associated with measuring Operational Analytics (OA) with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and maintaining a high customer service level within all stakeholders within the organization.
- Own overall cross-departmental management of the Requisition Table in the General Maintenance Manual (GMM) and Flight Management Information System (FMIS).
- Develop methods for measuring, analyzing and reporting on forecast accuracy, inventory levels and optimization and other processes, ensuring minimum service levels are met or exceeded and recommendations are provided to senior leaders.
- Oversee and implement influences in the forecast model to support the operation.
- Recommend and implement technology solutions to optimize material allocations.
- Maintain and develop automated reports and KPI dashboards depicting KPIs and controls.
- Collaborate with various departments and subject matter experts on OAs with KPIs, and drive efficiencies measured with KPIs.
- Support all GMM processes within department and ensure compliance.
- Develop, direct workload, coach and train direct reports within the team and support best practices between peers to build synergies.
- Assist other teams within Materials as needed to support the operation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ work experience with data analysis tools (i.e. SQL, Python, R, Alteryx, Advanced Excel, MS Access, SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, or equivalent) required
- 5+ years’ work experience in forecast modeling required
- 3+ Years previous leadership experience required
- 2+ years‘ work experience in inventory control and planning preferred
- 3+ years airline/aviation experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicates in a manner that is appropriate for audience; can “read the room” and adjust quickly if necessary, to make the most positive impact
- Confident and poised at all times, even when delivering hard messages and/or handling challenges from peers/leaders
- Able to anticipate customers’ questions and prepars communication accordingly
- Able to advise team and department on technical aspects, translate complicated technical information to a visual representation that non-technical users can understand
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and project management skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills essential
- Ability to read and interpret vendor and company technical manuals (i.e., Engineering Orders, list price & illustrated parts catalogs)
- Proactive self-starter
- Ability to handle time sensitive and multi-faceted projects
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs, direct and organize program activities, establish goals and objectives, train, plan and delegate the work of others
- Takes a lead role in facilitating discussions and resolving conflicts
- Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the company core values of Safety, Respect, Trust, Collaboration, Value, and Passion while communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the company at all times
Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Planner, Material
- Analyst, Supply Chain Ops
- Analyst, Inventory Control