GENERAL PURPOSE: Ross is building a new Master Data Office, which will be transformational for the organization. The Manager of Master Data Management will be an important leader in this new group, both on the team and across the organization. This person will oversee day-to-day operational responsibilities and strategic projects across multiple data domains. It will also be involved in critical cross-functional projects that will impact the future of Ross.
- Execution of Key Strategic Projects
- Empower a team of Business Analysts to drive forward strategic and process improvement initiatives.
- Develop and execute on plans of critical, ambiguous projects.
- Leadership of Day-to-Day Operational Teams
- Oversee day-to-day operational data management of multiple data domains.
- Serve as point of escalation to help problem solve tricky data issues.
- Key Business Partner
- Lead Senior Management and cross-functional teams to achieve their objectives and resolve escalate issues around data management and governance.
- Set expectation with partners including business and IT around timing of all new change requests and business demands.
- Regularly partner with IT on systemic enhancements and changes.
- Data Quality Standards and Documentation
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Maintaining and updating all governance and administration related documents and processes (i.e. business processes & workflows, data definitions, business rules, data requirements, data conversion and cleansing plans).
- Compliance and Adoption
- Manage and ensure all Master Data Office processes around data governance are followed.
- Promote adoption of data governance processes by establishing clear understanding (conducting periodic refresher workshops), and improving the MDO governance processes based on ever changing needs of the business and other partners.
- Develop and maintain KPIs and data analytics for master data.
- Maintaining decision quality in fast moving and ambiguous environment
- Developing effective teams and direct reports
- Ability to create structure where none exists
- Comfort communicating and writing for senior leaders
- Managing cross-functional stakeholders
- Executive presence
- Motivating others
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- At least 5-8 years experience, preferably with at least 2 years in Retail, Management Consulting or a Strategy and Operations leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in structuring strategic priorities and implementing.
- Motivated by driving business impact
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to work effectively with VP and above
- Ability to inspire others and lead teams.
- Comfort with data
- Willingness and excitement to develop deep content knowledge on data management and governance.
- Ability to flex style across different stakeholders (for instance, senior leadership or day-to-day operational stakeholders)
- Some travel may be required
- Nice to have
- Knowledge of Master Data Management, Data Governance
- Broad systems knowledge of major retail applications
- Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Sr Business Analyst(s) Business Analyst(s)