Manager - Master Data Governance and Management
The Manager, Master Data Governance & Management provides enterprise-wide operational leadership to the master data management function. This role is responsible for running an effective governance structure, by partnering with a cross-functional team of leadership, subject matter experts and data stewards to develop & implement a data governance strategy. This role will be critical in ensuring preparation for technology platforms like SAP. The ideal candidate will have experienceworking withSAP, MDM and CRM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure data standards are accurate, reviewed, updated and maintained based on business requirements and changes. Collaborate cross-functionally to establish processes to execute data standards for vendor, customer, and item (Material) master data.
• Support the development of scorecards to track performance of the Master Data Governance program
• Ensure the integrity of master data across domains and platforms, through processes that promote accurate creation, maintenance, and monitoring of master data; implement process improvement projects as needed
• Establish enterprise-wide governance practices for MDM with a specific focus on the current SAP implementation effort, including people, process and technology tactics
• Actively participate in SAP implementation project and various other projects as deemed necessary to ensure data standards are recognized, adhered to and realigned based on business drivers
• Formulate Master Data Governance vision and strategy taking into account future state of the business, organizations & technology. Leverage the Global MDM organization to understand MDM framework and strategies
• Partner with IT to deliver solutions for data warehousing, technical architecture, tool development, and modifying producing and consuming systems
• Train, develop and motivate the team ensuring cross training, succession planning, in line the business growth strategy
• Effectively conduct performance management, addressing individual needs and, addressing performance gaps. Ensure proper training on functional procedures (SOPs) and corporate policies.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience related operational experience in Master Data within Pharmaceutical industry.
• Must have experience of master data in SAP ERP, Oracle preferred
• Proven ability to manage and develop individuals and team effectively.
• Proven ability to manage change and implement process improvements using project management methodology.
• Preferredexperience with Lean or Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
• Must be proficient with MS Office Software (Word, Excel) and some experience with a Discoverer report writer or similar reporting tools.