The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing strategies & leading cross-functional teams to execute high-performing marketing programs across a portfolio of marketing initiatives. Examples of such initiatives include large-scale organizational priorities such as Appraisals, Local Marketing as well as mid-sized programs for marketing new CarMax products such as Home Delivery, Finance First or New Cars. Additionally, the senior manager will lead aspects of CarMax’s overall marketing communications and investment strategies as a key strategic partner to the Marketing Leadership Team.
To be successful, the Senior Manager must create and lead dynamic teams to execute effectively, often including partners from analytics creative and media services, digitalchannels, agencies and other organizational partners. Additionally, the Senior Manager will manage 1-2 associates who are leading similar, smaller scale programs in the strategy portfolio. Whether with cross functional teams or direct reports, the Senior Manager will work to develop high performing teams by setting clear vision and direction, inspiring engagement, providing developmental feedback & encouraging growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to develop a marketing strategy supported by research and data.
• Experience with a range of marketing channels.
• Strong business acumen & understanding of performance metrics.
• Experience managing a marketing budget.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams, building relationships & motivating team members.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think logically & creatively to develop solutions.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail and organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Four-year BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field; MBA is a plus
• 5+ years of marketing strategy experience
• Retailexperience is a plus